• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Nice break from the hot weather

Reaction score
Temps in the 70's yesterday after a little rain following a long spell of hot humid weather and brutal sunshine burning up lawns.

Our local farmer's soybeans are looking happy. The far line of trees follow the St Joseph river. There's a young buck that I see almost every night that stands it's ground and stares me down.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Had a wonderful, comfortable paddle yesterday and stopped to rest at the puppy's favorite take out. Note her "happy ears". I think we will do it again today.

Went home and gave the twins (Magic and Merlin II) a bath, 303 inside and out, and a light oiling for the wood.

Can't see the pix Gumpus... yes, it's all cool and comfy here as well. Lake Ontario is in the news in weather reports with surface temps warming much faster than normal and ready to break records.

Will show yesterday's pix after the rain in a minute.

Last edited:
Hot enough for ya? We're in the middle of our annual summer drought & heat wave. On the weekend I filled up a deep galvanized basin with cold water straight from the garden hose, placed it in front of a back porch chair all fluffed up with comfy pillows and set up a sun umbrella, all for my girl. She spent all day reading in the shade cooling her feet. Yeah, I spoil her.
Meanwhile I toiled in the garden. It was fun but necessary. Without thinking on my way in to get a cold glass of water I dipped my tired dirty feet off in the foot bath. Aaaahh. Oops. Later she came out and saw the murky spa. Dang. Brad's got to refill the tub.
My only child canoe has been lurking in the shade since last year. I check on it once in awhile. The local fishing-paddling spot has been slowly opening up. But not for me. I'm still waiting till I can have it to myself. Nice to see someone is beating this heat on the water. Thanks Gumpus.

I do love when a hurricane or tropical storm passes far enough away that our steep hillside driveway doesn’t wash out deep gullies, but close enough that we get a couple nice days of cooler temps/lower humidity swept down on the backside.

Fay was just about perfect; bit of rain and wind, but nothing torrential, and the backside brought moderate temps and low humidity days. That combination is a summer rarity hereabouts. I’ll take it when I can get it, especially if I don’t need to spread another load of CR-6 crusher run on the driveway afterwards.

Our break will soon be over, and I’m surprised the effects have lingered this long.

Back