• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

New Year plans...

We hope to get back to WCPP this year. We're looking at 2 other possibilities depending on my work contracts. The Soper River on Baffin Island if it turns out that I get some work there again that involves a fly-out break in late July/ early Aug. If so, I'll get my wife to fly up instead of me flying home. It'll involve picking up a folding PacBoat I think.

If that doesn't work out, then hopefully we can make it to the Waterfound River in northern Saskatchewan, from Waterbury Lake to Fond du Lac River. Fly in/ out from Points North Landing.

I have a growing list which includes both paddling and backpacking trips. My current issue/problem is I have so many places that I like to go, that the number of trips to "explore something different" are decreasing. One of my "plans" is to do more exploring this year. But I say that every year. For some reason I keep heading back to places I know I like. I do need to do more fishing regardless. Forgot to mention, just about all my trips are in the Adks.

Russ,

Maybe you can help sort out the shuttle logistics with my gang's early May (first weekend) Cedar-Rock-Essex Chain thu trip.
I'm looking for hearty souls to start at opposite ends and swap keys somewhere around the Cedar-Rock confluence, or maybe share a site somewhere in the middle. Maybe Justin would want to join in too!
Still a long way off, but it's something to think about. Essex Chain has excellent fishing too.
Just something to think about...

Back