• Happy Birthday, Meriwether Lewis (1774-1809)!

“Need” a new solo!

Reaction score
Got a reply from the seller -

“Contract pending for Tuesday closing. If it falls through will notify you”

Reaction score
Pity you are Florida -based, Dave Curtis at Hemlock Canoe in Rochester has a nice Indy he just refurbished. The Indy is one of the few boats I really regret parting with.
Being Florida based is a bit of a drag with respect to the entire canoeing world. All the great makers are up north, from the Midwest to the east.

Reaction score
Being Florida based is a bit of a drag with respect to the entire canoeing world. All the great makers are up north, from the Midwest to the east.
We are truly blessed, especially here in NY. Between the builders (especially in the Adirondack region) and the dealers (Mountainman, Bay Creek, and Oak Orchard) there are few makes/models we can't access within a four-hour radius. Pity our paddling season is so darn short compared to yours!

Reaction score
Pity you are Florida -based, Dave Curtis at Hemlock Canoe in Rochester has a nice Indy he just refurbished. The Indy is one of the few boats I really regret parting with.
I saw that boat and my only hesitation is the weight, I'm sure someone will grab it though.

Reaction score
We are truly blessed, especially here in NY. Between the builders (especially in the Adirondack region) and the dealers (Mountainman, Bay Creek, and Oak Orchard) there are few makes/models we can't access within a four-hour radius. Pity our paddling season is so darn short compared to yours!
That’s true, I grew up in FL so I’ve never lived through the winters. For the occasional hassle required to get a new boat, I can paddle year round. Thanks for the reminder!

Reaction score
Well the Indy sold. I’m a little disappointed. Maybe not quite the right boat, but I still need to try lots of different boats to figure out what I really do like.

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_161014126~2.jpg
    IMG_20220226_161014126~2.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
I suspect Michigan is a bit far, but I'll be putting my entire canoe kit up for sale in the next week or so: lightly used and very well kept full carbon 2017 Swift Keewaydin 15, two paddles, homemade custom rack to carry it in the back of a pickup, seat cushion, more.

Reaction score
I got my Polaris from a dealer Michigan. My mom lives up there so we have at least annual trips to Ann Arbor. It’s a bit far when I don’t have a trip already planned! But I’m certainly interested in pics/details of the sale.

Reaction score
I got my Polaris from a dealer Michigan. My mom lives up there so we have at least annual trips to Ann Arbor. It’s a bit far when I don’t have a trip already planned! But I’m certainly interested in pics/details of the sale.
I'm about 45 minutes from Ann Arbor. I keep the canoe stored upside down on the travel rack in the garage and it's got over a year of dust/dirt on the bottom. I don't remember if I even paddled it at all last year, so there may well be two years of dust/dirt. If the weather cooperates, I'm planning to clean it all up, lay it out, and take the "for sale" pictures next week. I haven't yet determined the price but it will certainly be substantially less than the price of a new one: 1647119846124.png

If you want to see a video of the canoe in use, this is my most popular Algonquin paddling video with 10k views.

I spent last year training for and backpacking the Colorado Trail. (I only did the first five segments, but that was enough...at the time.) This year is all about training for, then bikepacking the entire Colorado Trail and I severely doubt I'll find the time for a canoe trip again this year.

Jim

Reaction score
After a nice 45min call with Bear @ Northstar, I’ve decided to do it. So I talked to the dealer in Tybee Island and am looking forward to a November delivery of a Phoenix in IXP with wood trim. Oddly enough, this has not caused me to stop reading about canoes or trolling Craigslist. I have however moved my Encounter on expecting to need the space for another boat. The recipient is thrilled.

Reaction score
congratulations! You will have a lot of fun with that boat down on those rivers/creeks in your area. I have the aluminum trim on Mine which is of course lightweight/low maintenance, but at Canoecopia in Madison WI last month, I saw a Phoenix in IXP with wood trim……very nice!

Mike