• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Found another option for a fry pan

Coleman’s is an amazing place to visit, although a bit of a haul from California, or even Massachusetts.

Could be a road trip stop for someone travelling through southern PA. Blue Mountain Outfitters in Marysville is another wonderland, and only 30 miles south of Coleman’s, maybe a twofer.

Next visit to Coleman’s I’m going to bring the 38L and 45L barrels. They have quite a selection of European military packs with shoulder straps and waist belts. If either of those barrels fit inside a used rucksack pack carrying them would get a lot easier.

I bought a beautiful small Canvas and Leather Italian Pack many years ago for cheap money from Coleman. I sure wish I could find more of them, most of my family wants one.

Last edited:
That pan has a good reputation among the bushcraft community. I know Coleman's had the 10" one in the past. I don't know if I've seen a 12" one before.

Mike, the frame on these has a built in cargo shelf on the bottom and it secures a barrel well, especially a barrel with side handles. Maybe a general search will find one?

https://colemans.com/swedish-military-backpack-with-frame

And if you can find an old school ALICE pack frame cargo shelf attachment that would make an option as well although the day of $25 complete medium ALICE packs is in the past.

Best regards to all,

Lance

That Swedish Military Pack has been hard to find. Especially for $30! I ended up buying an older style ALICE pack from a local surplus store. Cost me about 3x that of the Swedish pack but also came with all kinds of attachments like an insulated water bottle pouch (+ the water bottle). The straps as well as the pack were hardly used and in like new condition. Love the three large outside pockets of the ALICE.

I had to hump ALICE around for far too many years, I sold my spares shortly after I got off Active Duty

There are several folding frypans made for the reinacting comunity-jas townsend and track of the wolf has them. Sportsmans Guide is my go to surplus source. some deals come and go quick, but i have gotton some great deals and unique stuff there. Merry Christmas, Turtle

Back