• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

A Magic Trip

Reaction score
Just got back from an 8 day solo. Great trip, maybe best I've had. New boat flew threw water (once I got all three packs in the rear). We road out some pretty rough waves getting back to camp one morning. Just shifting weight between butt cheeks was all she took to turn. Landed a few big fish in her without swimming too! Both of us are very pleased with the Magic.

Attachments

• photo16467.jpg
    photo16467.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16468.jpg
    photo16468.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16469.jpg
    photo16469.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16492.jpg
    photo16492.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16493.jpg
    photo16493.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16502.jpg
    photo16502.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 0
Great, Happy to hear it went well. Can you give some details, maybe a report with a ton of pics, stripper builds and blue barrels are good for the masses, but I would love to hear more about your trip, especially a solo trip.

I too am looking forward to a trip report. Sounds like Magic may've been the operative word? Good stuff.

How were the bugs? Remember your previous Canadian experience with the bugs? Well, it is Bugageddon this year, I think the lack of American blood up here has caused the little buggers to panic, and instead of hoarding toilet paper, they are hoarding Canadian blood. I was going on a solo trip this weekend, but with Bugageddon and a horrendous heat wave, I have postponed. So really look forward to reading a trip report (hint, hint).

An 8 day solo sounds like a great way to christen a new boat.
But I have one question. Regarding that third picture, how long did it take you to train the pup to watch your line for you?
He/she looks like a great travel companion.

Bugs were manageable. I think Canadian bugs are bioengineered to crave yankee blood. Heard it on Fox News, so it must be true. Boges thinks a fish is coming in every time I cast. It's his favorite thing. The bugs got a little bad on hot windless days, especially on portages. I stayed on big lakes in sites with good breeze.

I almost forgot the most interesting thing - I was reviving a big pike I caught from camp, nudging it with a stick once it got a ways out. Bogan jumped in and swam back and forth bumping the fish until it swam off. He's seen me revive fish before, and I think he knows what the point is. He never acts aggressive to the fish, even in the canoe. Seems to respect them.

Bear sightings had one lake closed I planned on staying on the way out. Made things crowded on adjacent lakes.

Last edited:
Back