• Happy Sausage Pizza Day!🍕

Recent content by Steve in Idaho

  1. Steve in Idaho

    New Savage River Solo Coming Soon

    Well of course I'm kidding..... sorta. I'm thinking.....what would it have been like in the Bowron if I could have induced a little rocker in the loaded down Solitude before leaving Isaac Lake? Maybe I would have ran the chute instead of lining it. Or what would it mean for an extended...
  2. Steve in Idaho

    New Savage River Solo Coming Soon

    I think I paid $4 for the last pair I bought. Insurance or Medicare usually pays for them when someone is injured. When they're healed, many eventually dispose of them at thrift stores or yard sales. Why they don't hang on to them just in case they need them again is beyond me.
  3. Steve in Idaho

    New Savage River Solo Coming Soon

    Now that it's been done, it makes me wonder why it took so long. The material for rigging an adjustable thwart exists in great and cheap supply at thrift stores everywhere. It's the same material I've used for adjustable foot bars - aluminum crutches.
  4. Steve in Idaho

    New Savage River Solo Coming Soon

    I can see the adjustable thwart idea making it possible to live with one canoe for everything....up to a point. (Perish the thought) Edit: I wonder if this will be carried into a 15' model. Hmmm.....
  5. Steve in Idaho

    New Savage River Solo Coming Soon

    Exactly how the seat in my Solitude works. Similarly, I have to get out of the boat to adjust the hight. The Solitude seat, however, is suspended from the sides rather than floor mounted. I'm pretty sure that mounting on the floor saves significant weight. And of course, it eliminates any danger...
  6. Steve in Idaho

    New Savage River Solo Coming Soon

    Alan, my rented Prism had Wenonah's floor mounted sliding seat. Other than the fact that the bucket wasn't as comfortable as the one in my Solitude (minor difference in shape or angle), I thought it was a clever and very practical design. Wasn't crazy about the Prism, but I'd like to see more...
  7. Steve in Idaho

    New Savage River Solo Coming Soon

    Oh, I get it now - thanks. So if I understand correctly, it must have only one thwart, which is adjustable in length (I wonder how much). And for that to work, the seat is necessarily floor mounted. Very interesting.
  8. Steve in Idaho

    New Savage River Solo Coming Soon

    Looks great, and 20 lbs is sweet. But doesn't every 14' canoe have "adjustable rocker"? ;)
  9. Steve in Idaho

    ISO Lightweight solo canoe

    Darn. Too far away from me.
  10. Steve in Idaho

    Bowron Lake Circuit September 2026

    I'll keep that in mind. I would recommend the Indy.
  11. Steve in Idaho

    Canoe surfing video

    That looks like fun. Maybe I should take the Vertige on my next trip to the coast.
  12. Steve in Idaho

    World's deadliest river: 2 meters wide, 65 meters deep

    I know of other contenders in my own state. Shoshone Falls is one of the gems on the Snake River. 212' high. You can paddle up to it from below on calm water, but first you have to portage around Pillar Falls on the way. Pillar Falls On the way back, there's a narrow slot that looks safe to...
  13. Steve in Idaho

    T-Satellite

    Help may be late in coming, but at least they can know where to find the body. I hear that helps with collecting on life insurance. ;)
  14. Steve in Idaho

    Indisputable proof that kayaks have always been clown cars

    I'd definitely prefer George Dyson's giant, family size "baidarka".
  15. Steve in Idaho

    BWCA Trip #2026-02

    Gotcha. I would have liked that on my way back this last BWCA trip.
Back
Top Bottom