• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

Videos from Down the Bloodvein and Back

OK that's not so bad !
I remember two instances, that I waded into cold water to retrieve a canoe. Both of mine were definitely operator errors !

When I saw your unmanned canoe in the Bloodvein, I sat right up in my chair ! Talk about a thriller !

Jim

Last edited:
#10 is up.

Watching the pros line, goodbye to the Bloodvein, a sleepy dog, and a tailwind.

Alan

Alan - Thanks so much for sharing yours & Sadie's adventure with us armchair adventurers. It's been a privilege to accompany you this way; and a real education to boot. There have been so many wonderful learning opportunities along the way, some subtle and some not so. Regardless, it's been a great chance for folks not able to travel to this area to see what it has to offer. Again, thanks.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

There have been so many wonderful learning opportunities along the way, some subtle and some not so.

Like my build threads I figure I owe it to show my mistakes. It's no fun to just see the before and after. The best part is seeing what happened in between.

I'm glad to hear the videos are being enjoyed. I was afraid they'd be too long and boring. It's one thing for me to watch a 15 minute video of myself paddling because it brings back memories and I can remember how that moment felt. It's something else to watch someone else paddle for 15 minutes.

Two more to go.

Alan

I know I speak for many when I saw we're looking forward to the next two. As for myself, I'll be sad when they end but hey, that's just an excuse we need to get out and create more memories and adventures.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I know I speak for many when I saw we're looking forward to the next two. As for myself, I'll be sad when they end but hey, that's just an excuse we need to get out and create more memories and adventures.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Amen ! Well stated Snapper !

Video #12 - Peace and quiet, Aikens Lake, and big falls

Will be out of town tomorrow so you'll have to wait until Sunday for the final episode.

Alan

Boy ! I'm going to miss these evening and morning videos to end and start my day !
Thanks Alan !

Jim

Video #13 - The End

Thanks to everyone for watching and following along.

Alan (and Sadie)

Congratulations Alan. The journey itself would be quite a journey, but it was much more than that. It began with the idea. Then designing a specific purpose built boat. Then building the boat. Not to mention all the hours spent researching the trip itself. You did it Alan. You pulled it all together and made it happen. The average Joe that doesn't paddle has no clue what you accomplished. Hats off to you. Dave

Thank you very much for posting the videos and the report. I have very much enjoyed the whole thing, from the begining of the build straight through to the end! Very well done

Jason

Thanks so much. It's an amazing endeavor you've pulled off and one to be admired. This has been a wonderful trip to be able to follow along on. Thanks for including us all. You're also fortunate to have such an great traveling partner. You two must have enjoyed many an evening near a fire and under beautiful starlight skies. It all makes me a bit envious.

Until next time...be well.

snapper

Alan, I saved your videos to watch while I ride my exercise bike over the winter. They have made for some enjoyable miles. I think I got in 10 miles as you made it most of the way up that long stretch of rapids near the middle of the series. Still a few more to enjoy in the next few weeks. Hope to work my way up to the Bloodvein via Wallace Lake and the Broadleaf this May.

Alan, I saved your videos to watch while I ride my exercise bike over the winter. They have made for some enjoyable miles. I think I got in 10 miles as you made it most of the way up that long stretch of rapids near the middle of the series. Still a few more to enjoy in the next few weeks. Hope to work my way up to the Bloodvein via Wallace Lake and the Broadleaf this May.

Glad you're putting them to good use, Martin. Watching canoe videos while exercising is a pretty good idea. Maybe that would help me stick with it. Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Alan

The whole video series is exceptional and well worth the time investment, especially with a few more weeks of frozen water.

Back