• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Photo of the day

I would totally eat that spam turkey, or even create one, except for the multitude of stents population my arteries now, probably from eating too much spam. Why are the good things in life so bad?

From Cedar River Flow a couple weeks ago, my camping buddy's photo. Oh, and this is from his stinkin' cellphone!!

An explanation: I heard it raining pretty hard as I woke up. Buddy is telling me there's a rainbow, c'mon out and see it. So I have to put on my socks, pants, shirt, rain pants, rain jacket, boots.
Grab my camera and what do I see? A little speck of a rainbow, hardly worth climbing out of a warm, dry tent to see. I guess I should have gotten dressed a little quicker...

I didn't know it at the time, but that short trip with my buddy Dave was the last I would ever have with him.

He didn't show up for work the other week, and didn't call in either, uncharacteristic for him. So one of his coworkers texted me, knowing we were life long friends.
I found him in his living room, he looked peaceful, and obviously had passed quickly.

He was my hiking, skiing, camping, biking pal for 40 years, we worked together on and off for 35 of those years.

Cherish those shared moments, guys and gals, you never know when they'll come to an end.

I'll see you in time, Dave...

View attachment sTZxoc_SJxHEJghGDq4xj0VQX262zRyn6qS5h-SQPoO3Fmvc_Q---7dj_nSpQMKFmmSIJkz_bXneMy1FoB5P7_N6fFivnEtEnpAE

Sorry for your loss Stripperguy, tough for sure. It will be a year soon since our friend and her daughter died on there trap line.... Not an easy time!!

Great sunset view, beats being in cyberspace anytime.

Maybe more appropriate for the gloom and doom thread, still, this is a photo of the day... sort of.... watching the southward movement of the setting sun on the horizon at sunset until the solstice when the most southerly point is reached.

Like druids at Stonehenge marking the sun's position at winter solstice, Torontohenge at the waterfront. the distant buildings mark the southerly movement of the setting sun. I've been returning to the same solstice spot at the Toronto waterfront year after year, the arrow marks where the winter solstice sunset at the horizon will be. We're not there yet... after the 21st there's a return to northward movement, finally.

32771928358_67e937d0e3_o.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	32771928358_67e937d0e3_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.3 KB ID:	101822

PS... full moon is Dec 12, one or two days before should be good for those who like moonrise/sunset walks... cold blues in the east, warm reds in the west. Great anticipation and helps reduce the number of alcoholics on the roads and streets.

Cheers, stay off of tall buildings and bridges (again, maybe this belongs in the gloom and doom thread).

J/K

:D

Very nice. I really appreciate the rainbow colors in the sunset pics. We've had about 5 days in a row with considerable sunshine and blue sky that just don't qualify for doom and gloom. Another pic from last night to distract you from cyberspace for a moment.
image.jpeg

I'd like to share a photo of my Winter Beard. Double chocolate cranberry? Hm. Interesting gift for my 64th birthday, and much appreciated. I'll save it to share with other visiting family stout lovers tomorrow.
Although only some of us have winter beards all of us have stout interests.
birthday stout.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	birthday stout.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.4 KB ID:	101843

Anyone else sporting a winter beard?

Last edited:
Ha ha ha, I love those kindly, hot Grannies. Is that how you trap them, sporting the homeless look? Seems like I've been using the wrong bait on my trap line, using soap and showering and stuff.

I'd like to share a photo of my Winter Beard. Double chocolate cranberry? Hm. Interesting gift for my 64th birthday, and much appreciated. I'll save it to share with other visiting family stout lovers tomorrow.
Although only some of us have winter beards all of us have stout interests.

Anyone else sporting a winter beard?

I'm in the car I'll be there in about 8 hours save me some

Back