• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

Photo of the day

P8101169.JPG

I remember this section of screwy bony water. It started with a deep pool, up to my waist of cold clear water, followed by a narrow fast chute down to this tight meander. My American buddy gave me a much needed hand to walk around and through the granite maze. All fun.

Sorry, just too cute not to post!

PA110019_zpsj0mfcxwj.jpg

Out last weekend for a quick paddle and lunch in Whiteshell P.P. in Manitoba. We paddled across Brereton Lake and portaged in to Mud Turtle where we scouted for possible winter camp sites.

I just bought an Olympus TG-4. So far I'm very pleased at the results.

No Title

I like that photo, not really often that I have good experience with my dog in the canoe, all of his life(13 years and still going strong) he as been a pain wile in the canoe, but last weekend he was totally good.

Attachments

• photo3194.jpg
    photo3194.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 0
Your trip planner is a real cutie BWCA. I hope he gets out tripping with his grandpa someday.
I only managed one afternoon with my youngest. He enjoyed it. Well, when he wasn't hungry. Or needed changing.
P8030581.JPG

I haven't been able to get my older grandkids out yet. I've got big hopes for next summer.

My 1 year old grandson must be planning our next canoe trip![/QUOTE]

After a closer look, I realized how similar your rocking chair is, to the one I built for my Granddaughter.
I was looking for a pattern to build from, and couldn't find what I wanted. Saw a plan that was a lot smaller, designed for a small Teddy Bear. I used my canoe building skills to enlarge.
Here is the best pic, I could find, complete with Granddaughter.
DSCN0446_zpsp03swlsc.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been able to get my older grandkids out yet. I've got big hopes for next summer.
Yeah, taking grandkids is a lot of fun. Post 592? on page 39 of this thread has my favorite pic of my first trip with grandkids to the bwca a few summer back.

After a closer look, I realized how similar your rocking chair is, to the one I built for my Granddaughter.
I was looking for a pattern to build from, and couldn't find what I wanted. Saw a plan that was a lot smaller, designed for a small Teddy Bear. I used my canoe building skills to enlarge.
Here is the best pic, I could find, complete with Granddaughter.
Nice picture! The chair in my photo was made by the great-grandfather for my daughter and it still resides at our place since she is in Shanghai currently.

No Title

going through some photos tonight, I came across this from an evening on the Nequasset lake. An absolutely epic summer sky.

Attachments

• photo3420.jpg
    photo3420.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 0

I'm just guessing, but is the Kevlar, home brewed ? Details ?

Jim

The second boat from the front is composite as well. The far one is the one Christy and I borrowed from Mem for the trip. The party barge. A Wenona Spirit 2.

Back