• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Coleman Sportster Stove

I had to check because I couldn't remember the numbers of the Coleman stove I have, but I can and have fitted a model 533 stove into the largest (16CM) Zebra pot . The stove has a small towel wrapped around it for a cushion and still there's a little extra room. But this is with that little pan removed, with the pan in place it won't fit.

On U-tube there is some discussion of how hard it is to pour from a Zebra Billy Pot, I get around that with my pot lifter which is the smallest size of Channel Lock pliers. Canted as they are my hands are pretty much out of the steam while pouring something out.

Rob

Sorry Marten, I saw Robin's pics and guess I responded to it.....I think I saw a peak 1 mentioned more than once.......never heard of a sportster.... my loss... i guess...

Sorry Marten, I saw Robin's pics and guess I responded to it.....I think I saw a peak 1 mentioned more than once.......never heard of a sportster.... my loss... i guess...
This thread has my interest because the Coleman Sportster may be a stove for me in the future if I can't keep my Peak 1's running. I have seen mention that the the later Sportsters use a burner similar to the Peak 1. Does anyone know if the whole stove is smaller now? What diameters do we have out there? I carry my Peak 1 inside an old Campmoor coffee pot. I had to cut a little slot in the pot rim for the newer Peak's generator to slip by but like the protection the pot gives.

The current Sportster two is a model 533 and the fuel tank looks to be the same as the older model 502 Sportster. The model 502 has a fuel control valve and a generator tube cleaning needle. The model 533 appears to have the same burner as the Peak 1 model 400 stove. There is only one fuel valve and no cleaning needle for the generator. I don't have a model 533, but I do have a Model 502 and a Peak 1 Model 400. I like them both, but the Peak 1 is a bit lighter and more compact than the model 502. That said, my model 502 dates from the mid sixties and still runs with all of the original parts.

The Sportster II 533 Duel Fuel is 5 1/2 x 6 inches, including the pump, or roughly 14 x 15.5cm, they are definitely smaller than all previous iterations of the Sportster, not sure about the peaks though. I am not sure where the websites are getting these 7 inch measurements though, I just measured mine and its not even close...

Last edited:
No Title

It came in the mail today and the quality does not appear to be lacking. The 533 fits perfectly in it, hardly any room to spare. I think I will shave down a small cutting board to place on the bottom so the stove doesnt scratch the pot. There is a sticker right on the lid that says to remove the plastic clips before placing over extreme heat as well. I will get a small cam buckle to run through the lid in order to secure it during travel, a small ditty bag as well. I am definitely pleased with this purchase as of now, just gotta cook with it to give it a full review.

Attachments

• photo1753.jpg
    photo1753.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1754.jpg
    photo1754.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1755.jpg
    photo1755.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1756.jpg
    photo1756.jpg