• Happy National No Socks Day! 🧦🚫👣

Cold Hauling

Glad you made it safe Blackfly, what an adventure. Your canoe looks like it took that trip well … fun to imagine what other, more pleasant adventures you will have with it!

Bob

Wife helped me unload with a broken wing. We got it on the garage ceiling but it occurred to me that the salt might be bad for the hull. Anyone know if road salt can damage a canoe?

Any clinging salty moisture would be bad IMO. Cold and dry should be okay, more or less. I wouldn't wipe it down (scratches?) Like your car.
Maybe blow it clear with a (clean dust-free) leaf blower? Feather duster? lol.
Or maybe just give it a quick rinse to flush off the salt brine. Air dry. On a mild day obviously.
just 2 cents

Wife helped me unload with a broken wing. We got it on the garage ceiling but it occurred to me that the salt might be bad for the hull. Anyone know if road salt can damage a canoe?
Anyone know how to delete posts? Couldn't figure it out so the "real" one is below.

Last edited:
I can't see salt damaging composites. They make saltwater boats out of composite, right? Even carbon? America's Cup sailing racers? I don't know what the gunnels are made from but they could be affected. I'd still rinse everything off with fresh water anyway. Inside and out.

Anyone know how to delete posts? Couldn't figure it out . . . .

Back