• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

C4 value

Reaction score
What’s the best way to put value on a boat? I know this is a vague question but it’s out of my realm. I’ve found a c4 for sale by offer. The owner doesn’t know what he has. It looks like some sort of Texas long boat that just finished a TWS. I’ve asked the owner pointed questions about it and i really don’t know if any answer really matters. A 30’ braced shell, a starting platform to work on. What do you think?

UncleZed, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. Many of the site's technical features are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

What’s the best way to put value on a boat?

There is no "blue book" of used canoe values. It's a non-quantifiable function of canoe age, canoe condition, canoe popularity, the seller's subjective need to sell, the buyer's subjective want to buy, the buyer's bank account, and how savvy each one is about canoe prices. In general, the buyer establishes the price eventually.

As a buyer, I simply offer what I think the boat is worth to me in my financial circumstances. The seller can either accept, negotiate or flatly reject, in which case I walk away. If the seller is rejecting because he or she has an unrealistically inflated view of value, which is common, then that seller will eventually come down in price as the boat sits around unsold.

The kind of boat you are describing is not a common recreational canoe. It would only have value to a small niche of canoeists and perhaps mainly in certain parts of the country. Members here @Clint and @TexasRiverRacer23 have experience with TWS canoes. You could try reaching them by our private conversation (PM) function, which will generate a notification email to them.

Back