• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

Wolf attack family inside a tent in Banff National Park

Reaction score
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/wolf-attack-rampart-creek-banff-1.5245105

Crazy story.The thought that a weak dying wolf was able to pull a full sized man from a tent is astounding. Also scary as *expletive. I routinely camp solo during hunting season where Ive hear wolf packs of 6 or more within 100 meters of the tent (this of course is speculation I did not measure nor count).

I must add for those who aren't sure about this sort of thing, you are more likely to win the lottery even if you don't play than this happening to you.

I was happy to hear wolves howling from my favorite campsite last May. It was the first time I had heard them there in over twenty years. They howled at night and then again around ten in the morning. On another trip in the Alaska Range I had one pee on my tent while I was in it.

Unfortunate - yes. Rare - yes. Worth eradicating wolves from America - no frickin way.

Oh, I agree. It just strikes me as funny when advocates lie to meet their ends.

For the record......we had wolves here before they were "reintroduced". I do like hearing wolves and seeing them but I have no livestock to lose (relates t another lie that was promulgated). I also understand their place in the system. But telling fairy tales about wildlife doesn't help the cause in the long run. Sorry. I feel all soap boxy today.

Wold attacks are very rare. Old timers up here talk about being chased by packs of wolves and having to shoot several of them as they closed ranks and tried to kill the human, but I think that's all bullpucky, probably killed a bunch of wolves and tried to justify it. I was out for a walk in the spring and the wolves were howling so close to me, it made the hair on my neck stand up. They are really loud up close. Two minutes later, a deer ran across the road in front of me, and a minute or so later, a pack of wolves materialized from the side of the road in pursuit. I have had wolves in camp at night, I've seen their tracks in the morning, but never heard a thing. Wolves terrorize our dogs up here, frequently eating them. When I had dogs, I always carried a gun when I was snowshoeing. I wouldn't shoot a wolf unless he was eating Fido, but I would probably shoot anything that was eating Fido.

Stories like this certainly help to increase the paranoia that keeps many city folk out of the jungle, when the real jungle is the city, a place where I would gladly have a pack of wolves walking with me to protect me from the two legged beasts. I haven't met a wolf yet that was hooked on Meth and would kill me for a quarter.

I often hear coywolves (eastern coyotes) at my house and when camping. It's amazing how a couple can sound like a dozen. Except for dogs taken never heard of a person getting attacked except for 2 rabid attacks. I carry a small pepper spray to feel secure.

I wonder if Mr. Rispoli went out last evening, got his hair perfectly coiffed, then had a big bowl of beef chow mein at Jersey Fook's?

And, funny how no mention of rabies being or not being present in this loopy lupus was placed in this CBC online article, although it seems as though the Parks Canada CSI folks did their DNA magic in identifying the perp. ("He had traces of Eureka nylon beneath the nails, with residual dust identical to the Campmor bargain warehouse shelving.")

Hoping Mr. Rispoli can avoid the rabies shot/shots, and that the the family doesn't build up an undue dislike for canines. Guess some folks just don't have that Farley Mowat/Kevin Costner cache?

Capture.JPG
This wolf story was on national news this morning. The only picture they have of the family must be from face book. They are all doing weird faces in the pic. If there is a lesson to be learned here, it's be careful what you post.

Last edited:
Right now I’m on a vacation up in the UP of Michigan in a town called Iron River. I wanted to camp out at my friends uncles “deer camp” last night but his uncle saw a pack of wolves were in the area when he checked his camera. He didn’t feel comfortable with us being up there with a few bears and wolves around the place. I appreciated his experience and didn’t question it either.
I also read that article and believed it. Guess being a city boy I too would buy a $3 bill for $5!

Back