• Happy Birthday, Simon Fraser (1776-1862)! 🧭🏞 4️⃣9️⃣

Video: 7 Days in Algonquin Provincial Park 2015

Reaction score
This was a 7 day trip that all looked quite reasonable from the comfort of a desk chair, but the time to cover that much ground was more than predicted. It was beautiful country but a little less time to relax than I prefer. There was actually quite a sense of accomplishment to have covered so much ground. Between my wife hurting her foot and by buddy battling Lyme disease and me just being generally lazy I thought we did really well. Algonquin might be our new favorite paddling destination.

Looks like a nice trip. Thanks for the video and especially the map! Great Photography too.

Looks like a nice trip. Thanks for the video and especially the map! Great Photography too.
Thanks very much GRS. I was hoping the map bit wasn't too boring, but I figured I'd appreciate it when I'm old and grey and can't remember the route we took when I was younger. :p

How did your Algonquin trip compare in cost to past BWCA trips? Were there any critical items you could not take and had to purchase locally? We have watched a number of videos on the park, really like the looks of it, adn it is a few hours closer than the BWCA.

Beautiful camp sites.
Yes, that place was made for hammocks, probably wouldn't be too bad in a tent either.

How did your Algonquin trip compare in cost to past BWCA trips? Were there any critical items you could not take and had to purchase locally? We have watched a number of videos on the park, really like the looks of it, adn it is a few hours closer than the BWCA.
I would say about equal in cost, because while the US$ is stronger than the CN$ things in Canada seem to cost more so it balanced out. As far as items not taken and purchased locally there were some fruits and nuts we didn't try to bring across the border but I'm not sure if we were restricted from doing so.
Its several hours closer for us than BWCA as well and we thought the camp sites to be a bit better.

That was nice, I liked the map also, well done. The stills where an added bonus, the stars and you/your wife together where "go backs"...had to go back and see them again. Thanks for sharing, I have spent a day in Algonquin years ago, but never tripped there, I need to change that.

Great antidote to the mid-winter lunch time blahs...thanks, good stuff!

That was nice, I liked the map also, well done. The stills where an added bonus, the stars and you/your wife together where "go backs"...had to go back and see them again. Thanks for sharing, I have spent a day in Algonquin years ago, but never tripped there, I need to change that.
Thanks so much Robin. Its a beautiful park, you definitely should go back for some tripping.

Great trip and fantastic photography Red! Thanks for that.
My Pleasure, thank you.

Great antidote to the mid-winter lunch time blahs...thanks, good stuff!
Thanks Southcove, I rather enjoyed editing summer footage on a dull winter day.

Great vid Red. Those nighttime photos you took looked magical! Wow! Thought I saw your DIY gravity filter hanging in the background too Looks like you scored a nice set of well maintained sites along your route. There was some talk on another forum about more than a few folks bringing in their toy drones into Algonquin last summer to take aerial shots. Did you hear any annoying buzzing during your trip (other than the bugs at sunset?)

Great vid Red. Those nighttime photos you took looked magical! Wow! Thought I saw your DIY gravity filter hanging in the background too Looks like you scored a nice set of well maintained sites along your route. There was some talk on another forum about more than a few folks bringing in their toy drones into Algonquin last summer to take aerial shots. Did you hear any annoying buzzing during your trip (other than the bugs at sunset?)
Thanks Murat V, the stars were something else on those clear nights. Definitely had some nice sites along the way, and that is my DIY gravity filter in the background, works like a champ. I didn't hear any drone buzzing, but I'd have traded a couple minutes of drone buzzing for the all day/all night cacophony of under chaperoned teenage boys with a radio at one nearby site. :)

I enjoyed your TR. It's very helpful to include the map. Thanks for posting.

Back