• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

The Other Tremblay

The towel on the end of the outwale is to hold the boiling water that I poured on them to make them a bit more pliable when bending. Once they dry I will pull them off and varnish the backsides, reinstall, then sand, stain and varnish. Hopefully get her out for a paddle before freeze up.

This one is taking its own sweet time.

Christy

No Title

The Trembeast is nearing completion. By that I mean that probably it will be ready by spring at the rate I work on it. I reinstalled the massive copper stem bands that came with it. After close inspection I would have to say that they are pieces of 1/2 " copper pipe that was cut to make stembands.

They lend a certain no nonsense look to it. Rugged, with lots of battle scars. Kind of like a 75 GMC pickup with railroad ties for bumpers. The kind you dont park next to at Walmart. Unlike the Titanic, if I hit an iceberg with this baby it would be game over for the iceberg. Scoop a little up for my drink as we grind along the side of it.

I discovered that the slab of wood that I cut for the new shoe keel....yes I am going to put one on.... is likely very old Douglas Fir. It was full of cracks and I didnt get much usable lumber out of it but it was free so what the heck. The keel that came with this boat was NOT the right one for it by a longshot. So this will be the first attempt at making and installing a keel. This should be a treat. I will keep you posted on that but for now it goes out to the boat house to clear space for fixing snowblowers and tillers and glassing karins Special.

Christy

Attachments

• photo3506.jpg
    photo3506.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo3507.jpg
    photo3507.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo3508.jpg
    photo3508.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 0
Good looking boat Christy. I like the stem bands, unique and all business, looks like a serious tripper. Good luck wit your shoe keel.

Bob.

I waved good bye to the Tremblay tonight. It went to a good home, to be used as a cottage boat. At 70 lbs it was waaaaaay too heavy for me to handle. I did pick it up to weigh it and quickly found out that was a mistake. This one was a long time coming together.

Great job, but don't be so hard on F clamps, they have their place just not for gunwales.

Back