• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

Temagami Report: Solace Lake PP to Florence Lake

Reaction score
The story of a 2 week canoe trip through the wilderness of Temagami: mishaps, wildlife, solitude and more. Continued from Smoothwater Loop Part 1. In this section we journey through Solace Provincial Park (Einar Lake, Solace L, Samson L, Bill L, Maggie L, Pilgrim L, Rodd L, Benner L, Bluesucker L) to the fabulous FLORENCE Lake!!! Come with me!

Link to Blog:

http://www.watermarkwords.org/2017/02/smoothwater-loop-part-2/

Heather, I enjoyed reading your report esp the part about getting caught on the port with dark coming on... something similar happened when I stayed out too late on a remote lake bushwhacking and connecting back to a long port and not an often used port on the return. The batteries died on the flashlight just as I made it back to the canoe. A little bit of dread setting in with the prospect of spending the night away from the campsite, unable to trace the path of the port.

Florence looks good in your photos and I'm sure I'll be going there sometime soon... thanks!

getting caught on the port with dark coming on...

It's scary isn't it! I mean really what's the worst that can happen in the summer but being unable to access help is a unique feeling these days. Yes, Florence is definitely worth a visit!

Heather, I'm enjoying your trip reports (and your blog). You are so much better at putting your observations and feelings in to words than I am. How do you remember all the details? Do you keep a daily journal while tripping?

How do you remember all the details? Do you keep a daily journal while tripping?

Yes I keep a journal :) Sometimes I spend part of the day thinking of ways to describe what I'm seeing and then I write it out at night. If we've had a super long day I'll just take point form notes or take time the next day to write some key points down. I've always done this, even before I started blogging. So many things happen and you see so many beautiful sights but it's so easy to forget if you don't write it down.

Back