• Happy National Rocky Road Day! 🪨 🇪 🛣️🍨

Photo of the day

Most of the busted photo links are from when PhotoBucket went from free to $400 a year to host the pics. Most people moved on rather than shell out that much money ... me included.

does it mean the only way to get your own pictures to appear full-sized in the body of a post is to upload the images to some subscription-based internet image-hosting service and then link to them? I presume lapsed subscriptions are the reason for all those busted links in this thread.

Yes and yes. But the photo-hosting service you use doesn't have to be a pay service. I now use Google Photos, which is free. I'm not sure whether it's free because I'm a GMail user or because it's free for everyone. There are other free services, and I think a recent thread here about them.

A high has been lingering over S Ontario for quite a while, providing more than a week's worth of sunny, warm weather. Whenever some clouds do appear at sunset, they're lit up from underneath with sunset light passing through clear skies further west.

Photo taken from the house but all this good weather must be being enjoyed tremendously by anyone canoetripping right now. There's more being forecast and since fall begins Sept 21, it may start with an Indian Summer (apologies to FN people here if this term is insensitive, I don't know of any other name for the good weather that's being forecast).

37160440401_14e00d9e11_b.jpg

Ooh,
I really like the looks of that...care to share any more info? Public land? Any private holdings/camps? Camping opportunities?
There's one sporting camp (Pierce Pond Camps) located on Lower Pierce. They're resposible for the campsites.Several sites on the Lower Pond, and one on Upper. Most of the land around the area is owned by private land management companies. There's an Appalachian Trail shelter next to an old wooden dam at the bottom of Lower Pierce. Bingham, ME is the closest townon the E side of the Kennebec River.
Dave

No Title

A beautiful October morning at my exercise pond.

Attachments

• photo8045.jpg
    photo8045.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo8051.jpg
    photo8051.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Gerald's tent.jpg

Last week we tried out our new tent purchased from Gerald. Severe winds for 12 hours and driving rain overnight. This tent shrugged off all that and kept us snug and dry. Excellent tent. Thanks Gerald!

Back