• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

Photo of the day

Murat! you are a constant surprise and delight! Now, I'll roll up my sleeves and take off my watch while doing the dishes; is your watch there an indication of your gusto when eating?

Thanks for the memory of summer and a little fun!

Rob

Hey Murat, I had to laugh, but if it where me I would have opted for Poutine, I never make a trip to Canada with out one stop in each direction for Poutine. And in my book, any Poutine tastes good, if the server is young and French speaking, well, all the better. So polite.
I enjoy pictures of your "stuff", Thanks

Mihun: Think the lighting made the ribs look darker. They are eastern white too. Seen western red planking on some of Pam's canoes, but never ribs. Here's a 14foot beauty of hers with WRC planking. Seeing it convinced me to do the building course with her...

Bearwood+06_rs.jpg

OM...the watch was off while paddling to give the illusion of losing track of time and enjoying the surroundings. Truth is my wife had me on a short leash that day. Had to adhere to her work schedule so she could have the car that evening. The watch was in the bottom of the hull constantly there to remind me of the limited time left for the day. The rediculous pressures of the city!

I hear you on the poutine, Robin. Now I have an inescapable craving.

Poutine: for me MUST be made with real cheese curds. Hence I only find decent in Quebec at that little red roofed casse-croute in Grand Remous or Ashtons, which is actually a chain.

To me Ontario so far is a poutine wasteland.

Wood pattern of the day

I love bookmatched planking. Cedar does have grain and color differences. Tom MacKenzie and Pam Wedd are IMO two of the top current builders.

My late 30's Canadian has the red cedar planking and I love the contrast. I used red when I replaced planking although there is a colour difference that I hope time and sun will even out.

I woke up to what I thought was daylight streaming through the tent fly. When I crept out, I was bathed in moonlight, with billions of glittering stars piercing the dark skies. I couldn't crawl back to bed, the night show was too overwhelming. It wasn't till dawn that I thought of rummaging around for my camera. I quietly fired up the stove to make a quick brew of coffee, and returned to the shoreline, and waited for the sun.

A couple from 2011...

A good morning on Obukowin Lake, Atikaki WP, Manitoba

Back when I still used a Canon P&S. Fuzzy moose pictures is why I bought my Nikon DSLR this year.

This one walked across a bay behind camp on Obukowin Lake, 2011.

I noticed it has been a few days since a post. Here is one from Saturday. It's a simple photo but I liked it.

Nikon D3000 as for exposure I would have to go back and check the file data.
Thanks.. I have an entry level DSLR too and the old saw about the right time and place and composition sure holds rather than the "stuff". Have you ever upgraded lenses?

Thanks.. I have an entry level DSLR too and the old saw about the right time and place and composition sure holds rather than the "stuff". Have you ever upgraded lenses?

Nope, still using the 18-55 that came with it. I’ve thought about a telephoto and a true macro but haven’t pulled the trigger on it. I’ve always liked keeping it simple especially when I'm out in the brush.

I've tried several times to upload an image. Every time it fails. A little red circle appears to the right of the filename that mouseover reveals as "undefined." Can someone explain how to get an image from selected to uploaded?

Thanks,
Dave

PM sent Gavia.

This is the best I can do for canoe related at this time of the year. I think those are canoe paddles and not oars or the famous Craigslist Ores.

Elbow Lake, Nopoming PP, Manitoba

Mihun09, I love looking at the point sticking out across the way. All the different features between rocks, greenery and trees. And the remoteness looking down the waterway at the far horizon. I dream of visiting places like this. You are blessed to have it in your back yard. I understand that there is a price you pay for this paradise as your playground in the form of a long winter.

Back