• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

Paddle British Columbia, CA

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Want to enjoy some of the best paddling on earth? Since coastal First Nations began hollowing out canoes thousands of years ago, humans have enjoyed navigating the waterways of British Columbia. Today the province offers every form of paddling experience from sea kayaking and lake canoeing to whitewater rafting and river surfing on paddleboards. Explore our six distinct areas that include more than 20,000 lakes, 27 million kilometres of coastline (including the islands), and too many rivers and creeks to count. You’re guaranteed to find the water that’s right for you."

The following site is an aggregation of links re paddling in British Columbia:

My wife and I eloped and hitched things up in Vancouver. We did the deed at sunrise so we could make all the ferries to desolation sound for a 6 night sea kayaking trip. It was spectacular. Highly recommended.

My wife and I, usually with others, have done some fantastic tripping in BC. Several of our top ten trips ever were there. There's lots left we haven't done, most of which we won't have time or the skills to get to. There's a huge range of paddling possible there, tiny ponds, medium and big lakes, ocean, easy and hard rivers. Personally, I stay away from ocean stuff, realizing the sea is big and can kill my butt, so I'll leave that to others. Also lots of nice paddling in YT above it, as well as some in NWT. I haven't paddled in Alberta, but there's got to be some primo stuff there.

Back