• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

MIA end caps

Reaction score
I have a Great Canadian, bought it for a song. Had fiberglass issues. Got that all fixed up.
But I am missing a bow cap/ handle. I would like original matching cap. Any ideas where to buy?

Welcome aboard! I think Great Canadian is still in business, you might contact them and see if they sell parts. Or just look for an identical part online, since they probably source them. Good luck, keep us posted.

Welcome to the site Bryan! (and nice catch John, I looked at the thread this morning, thought "crap, I have no idea" and completely missed that it was a 1st post)

I briefly looked this morning & it seemed that they were out of business. I agree that it is likely that the caps were sourced instead of being made for / by them so another manufacturer may be using the same caps. As always, a picture may help.

Best of luck & be sure to post your resolution to help others in the future.

Bryan, welcome to site membership!

Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. How to do that, and how to use many other of the site's technical features, are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

There are many online sources for plastic and maybe composite end caps for canoes. If Great Canadian had some custom end cap, you may not be able to match it, in which case you may have to buy a new pair of matching end caps.

I have a Great Canadian, bought it for a song. Had fiberglass issues. Got that all fixed up.
But I am missing a bow cap/ handle. I would like original matching cap. Any ideas where to buy?
post pics of the canoe stems with basic dimensions, (length and width of cap location, angle, and deadrise of stem) and see if anyone recognizes what caps it takes, most smaller builders buy from parts jobbers that supply several builders with the same part

Back