• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

Lac Lambert Loop, La Verendrye

Does anyone have some recent maps with campsites marked that they can photograph and post? I'm honestly tempted to drive up to Le Domain just to take pictures of their master maps but that seems a bit extreme :)

That's a nice map, I camped at 3 sites on the map, 70-66, 70-02, 70-27 (c4-approx and 70-15 are very nice sites imo, 70-15 has a small rapid below it , perfect for evening/early am walleye fishing). I combined 70 with a paddle down Lac Cowasachouane and into Lac Henault, then back tracked to circuit 70

Yeah that site is not on the official map Robin - when is the last time you would have seen it? The main route description on MyCCR is from 2009 and it was featured in that writeup, which is where I got the site from. Based on that description it was relatively easy to find the island they were talking about. But it is not on the official map at Le Domain anymore. Well, unless the person I got the map photo from just neglected to write that one down. I don't have a photo of the official map, I have a photo of someone who wrote down all the details from the official map onto their own map. Given how much detail he copied I am sure he would not have left off any detail on purpose but he could have done so mistakenly. And another oddity is that the C4 just above it on the shore was on the official map but does not have a site number. Maybe the transcriber neglected to write down that info from the main map but I'm not sure why they would have done that on purpose given all the other detail they copied over.

I'll make that map available when I put this up on my blog - I'll make another post in this thread when it is all available.

I stopped at the island campsite, c4 as I was passing by. It had no sign like other campsites but an obvious landing on the north side. You walk up a path to a really nice open campsite with great views of the lake iirc. My only concern is it;s off shore and could possibly become an issue if winds from the west develop over night.

I camped on an island on Grand Lake Victoria, (LaVerendrye) in a dead calm that evening but a wind came up overnight, keeping us stuck for a day and a half. I was out voted for making it to the western shore rather than that island out in the lake originally. No more.;)

Back