• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

High-Vis Yellow Enamel Paint Pen on Dark Dry Bags

Give me a little advanced warning on a weekend or a weeknight and I will be there, guitar case in hand.

Your colouring craze prompted me to net surf looking for high vis stickers. Some are laser jet printable such as the yellow or orange CAUTION variety and may be appropriate for clothing/laundry bags. Ha. Waterproof too apparently. Other stickers are high vis reflective the kind you see on automobiles, or some of Mike's bling kit. These too might be an idea. The only downside I see is the comparative price. A roll of stickers versus a marker pen. And then there's the fun factor. Why labour with labels when you can mess around with markers?
I'd never given much thought about my large blue dry pack. I figured it would float to shore in it's own good time where I'd find it eventually. The bright orange emerg dry pack was chosen for those attributes of glaring colour and floating dryness. I'm not a flashy person so adding creative colouring to the rest of my gear doesn't appeal to me, but I see the point. (No pun intended. Sorry.)

ps . I could be convinced to trip with packs painted like these:

Click image for larger version  Name:	The-Great-Eagle.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	91496Click image for larger version  Name:	JFO_Air-Water-Spirits.jpg Views:	1 Size:	161.5 KB ID:	91497Click image for larger version  Name:	61ff8044ad917586c9e857a3a0c59106.jpg Views:	1 Size:	310.9 KB ID:	91498

Might need more markers. (And permission.)

Odyssey, I have a number of decals like the ones you show. I bought them to put on my kayaks (shhh). I never got around to it, because after putting them on I was going to have to spray them with something to make them adhere better, and well, if it takes more than one step, I get occupied doing something else. I do think those are beautiful, though.

I, too, am the only small child I need in my life, which is probably why I am not really sure where those decals are. Hmmm.

Pringles, the images I posted are paintings, not stickers, I didn't know artwork such as this was available on stickers. Thanks! I'll shop around.
Once upon a time road trip holiday makers plastered stickers on bumpers and back windows. I would like to treat my blue barrel to a few stickered copies of art, but doubt I'll ever get around to it. Too many other things to not do.
If you really want to find those lost stickers Pringles, I'd give up trying to find them. That's usually when things turn up for me. And yes they'd look good on a kayak.

Last edited:
Odyssey, It’s been quite a while since I got them, but they were reasonably priced, and there were lots of designs. You could get a killer whale in mirror image, which I intended to put on the bow. I actually think I know where they are, I just don’t want to over commit. :) It’s wonderful to have a little art on everything.

I would like to treat my blue barrel to a few stickered copies of art, but doubt I'll ever get around to it.

I have stickers (and reflective tape) on our blue barrels and drums. Not Haida art representations, but the freebie stickers that often come with outdoor products. BMO stickers, TopKayker stickers, Austin Canoe & Kayak, Smiths, NRS, etc.

The barrels and drums are all poly, so it helps the adhesion to flame treat the barrel where the sticker is going first.

Also, any stickers or tape that are applied at the center of the barrel, -> ( ), will get scraped and scuffed as the barrel side rides in the canoe, so they are best positioned above or below the centerline.

Last evening my Goddess Co-Pilot and I were driving around the north end streets of The Hammer looking for parking, whereupon we spied our daughter and dog, residents of said neighbourhood, walking and fairly owning the sidewalk in early spring splendour. They soon hopped in and we all pulled up outside her domicile. We needn't have dropped off the pooch as our eventual destination is dog friendly. We didn't know that so we'll bring Gracie the family dog next time. In any case we three entered Collective Arts Brewery to pull up a stool and pick our brew from the plethora of choices. Although I highly recommend the choice of suds I wouldn't recommend choosing by label alone. They are just too mind blowingly creative and there are far too many. After our small family crowd joined us for a sip we were all treated to a tour of the real heartbeat of the brewery by the family brewer who works there. Thirty two enormous stainless steel vats of IPAs, Porters and Ales tower, all interconnected with hoses and pipes and gangways and footpaths. Many dozens of oak barrels from whisky distillers all sit with bungs firmly in place, finishing select collaborative concoctions ( called colabs ). I got to sample a Baltic Porter. "We used hops usually used for lager for a cleaner taste result. Not sure what we'll call it, or what the label will look like." I called it exceptionally good.
There were racks and stacks of clean silvery cans 2 stories high ( nicknamed silver bullets ), and near the end of the tour we came upon the large rolls of shrink wrap plastic labels with which to cover them. These labels are not adhesive backed but shrunk to the cans somehow ( I think they heat the can and then cool it ), but standing there I recollected this thread so I was pondering portage packs and food barrels as I scanned the colourful artsy labels. The choices are nearly endless, and I like how they've commissioned regional artists to apply their artistic genius to this delicious commerce. Hmmm, how do I wrap my blue barrel in this and adhere a roll or two onto a dry bag? And which labels to choose? Hmmm....
https://www.google.com/search?q=coll...w=1280&bih=602
I know this is waaay off topic vis a vis high vis labelling canoe packs for safe laundry collection, please forgive this crazy old man and his inquisitive wandering mind.

ps . I started the evening with the Stranger Than Fiction porter. Very nice. I finished the evening with Mood Dog porter. And it pretty much finished me. It is aged in old bourbon barrels (from Heaven Hill Distillery?) and tastes like pouring 2 parts stout and 1 part bourbon into your glass. oof! One s-i-l described it as "Roofing tar with a little shoe polish for good measure." Yes well, it tasted far better than that. He is a lite beer drinker after all, but the escaping alcohol vapours did remind me of hot nights summer in the city. He might have a point. I finally met a beer I couldn't conquer. I left half of it in the glass. But it was good.

Okay everybody back to work.

Last edited:
Back