• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Hello from CT

Reaction score
Hello all, new member but have been lurking for a few months. I've been canoeing since a kid in boy scouts and have lead a few overnight trips in my college days.

Life and kids came so I haven't been on the water for a few years. My son is now to the age where he's comfortable on the water and we've been doing some short day trips in our aluminum 17 footer.

I'm looking to get into paddling more seriously and hope to pick up a solo canoe when the right one comes around.

I also have a cedar and canvas Old Town from the 20's that needs a refresh.

I look forward to absorbing as much info as I can here.

Welcome. Quite a few on here who are likely to help with restoration of the w/c if you are tackling it as a DIY / father-son project. The "right" solo could also come around if you and your son built it. Heck, build a couple... 2-3 for each kid and extras for the adults should do it.

Welcome. Quite a few on here who are likely to help with restoration of the w/c if you are tackling it as a DIY / father-son project. The "right" solo could also come around if you and your son built it. Heck, build a couple... 2-3 for each kid and extras for the adults should do it.
Thanks for the reply. It shouldn't need much, just a sand and fresh coat of paint I think.

But that's why I'm here: I looking for info and advice!
Welcome aboard! (Waving toward Long Island Sound)
(Waving back) I'm in coastal CT and paddle many of the rivers and ponds in south central CT

Welcome aboard!

Former CT Yankee here, paddled all the rivers. There are special places in my heart for The Farmington, (all of it), and The Hous at West Cornwall.

Best Wishes to You.

Back