• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Good news-Bad news

Good to hear you are well, my friend. Keep up the good work.

The Norumbega Meeting is March 3rd up near Groveland. I can provide details if anyone needs a road trip to shake the winter blues.

Cheers,

Fitz

That Bell turned out a treat, nice work, I remember that one. You've got many talents and no doubt another Kev will come along.

I am also glad to hear you are back in the shop Robin and good luck on your boat hunt..

As far as those heavy w/c boats go I have been thinking about getting a trailer. One that the boat just slides on and off into the water like a bigger boat. The problem I see with going with small boats for portability as we get older is stability. With possible balance issues and slower reaction time as we age I like the idea of big and stable, especially in the shoulder seasons.

Small boats are very stable but the hangup is mental
The center position in solos is wider than the stem stations in tandem
Lowering the seat helps alot
When I say mental I say it bot as a slam
The psychology of cane size is very real
After a time in a tandem your mind plays with you when you get into solo
Its much like purting a dedicated stern person in the bow
Suddenly they aren't looking at a lot of boat but a little point of boat and a lot of water
PS I am a chicken but paddle solo on Lake Superior with a good hull design
Gotta love good canoe designers

Getting in and out is where I feel it the most. I would also be more comfortable in a bigger boat pulling over beaver dams or similar situations that may require moving around in the boat.

Back