• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Geraldton Outers Spring Trip 2019

Reaction score
This year was the first spring trip I haven't done in many years. We have been working on training up a new crew of staff, and this was there first time running the show. They did an awesome job! They took the kids down the Steel Lake system. One of my former students was a staff member on the trip, and she put together this most excellent video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBu...emHFxDxJfJLp5deEp1VURZ8zIEvU8kzXO_pv6IA_a37t4

That was fun and impressive. I’m shocked that canadiens are rocking out to John Denver and Mungo Jerry for some reason:p! I got to do an annual overnighter this spring with a couple of my friend's ninth grade daughters and they loved it.

Barry

Last edited:
Woohoo the Wenonah party barge rides again. Looks like they are in good hands Mem.

Many thanks to you, Memaquay, I really liked the tribute to you at the end, gave me a little moisture in my eyes knowing how much you have meant to those young men and women. I do not think that educators get enough credit for what they do. I second Grandpa Paddler's thoughts.

That tribute at the end was totally unexpected and caught me off guard, lol, started to water up a bit too. Seriously though, not bittersweet, very happy. When I see these guys doing many things better than I did, I'm very pleased. The program has been running for 53 years, I'm hopeful it will be around another 50 years from now.

Happy retirement! You will be missed, there's no doubt about it. But you've contributed to a lasting legacy, and one that's worth it to so many. The former student now returning as staff is proof of that. There'll be stories to tell by students over the years (though you might not want to hear all of them lol). The staff member who put this together did a great job, and it's wonderful to see the trips will roll on. Good stuff. This is way better than a gold watch.

Rob, What a great video! Love the part where the solo paddler is busting out and launches his paddle. I laughed like the heck. You certainly are a lucky man to be part of such a great experience and to have touched so many lives. Kudos!

dougd

Last edited:
Back