• Happy Birthday, Simon Fraser (1776-1862)! 🧭🏞 4️⃣9️⃣

Craig Lake State Park, Michigan

Reaction score
Looks like a great place to go, thanks for the link to the SP. If, er when I am ever in the UP again I will make a stop there.

I'm afraid I can't watch shaky videos anymore or I'll get sick in a hurry. Getting old...

Cary

Any Brook trout in the park? Looks like a good spot to get away from the modern world, if you live nearby. I have been half planning a trip to the UP for a few years, I will maybe check it out. Does it get much use after Labor Day?

Slippery Pete, Sorry about the shaky video. It gets better after the first minute or two. I'm new to the whole video thing, still learning. I'll be buying a bigger tripod this weekend. Thanks for the comment!

Boreal Birch, Not many if any Brook Trout in that park. Although there might be a few in the pesheekee(sp?) river. If you like backpacking, the McCormick Wilderness Area nearby, the Yellow Dog River in there is a very well known brook trout stream with lots of them.

The areas are typically not used very much after labor day. Which in my opinion is the best time to go out there.

Srobocop.........
Thanks for the tip, I plan to check it out this fall, on my way to or from Houghton's, Suomi Home Bakery, where I plan to eat a Pannukakku for breakfast. I also want to get a few jars of thimble berry jam. I plan to fly into Duluth to see some old friends that live in northern MN where I grew up. Then take a driving tour of the UP, with a over night stop to visit a classmate that lives in the upper part of the mitten outside of the town of Atlanta, MI.
If you have anymore secret Brook trout spots in the UP, that you care to share you can send me a personal message, so we can keep them secret!
Again thanks for you help.
.............BB

That's great to have such a nice place to go on an overnight only an hour away. You did a nice job with the video. I like it when you show your gear, making a fire, hanging out in camp, fishing.
Boy, I guess your not a vegetarian aye, those where some good looking steaks for one guy.
To be honest, when you showed your "adult beverages" and the next frame it's pretty obvious that you just woke up..."ahhh, it's 10 am, I woke up at 6 but what the heck...oh wait, it's really 9 am" haha...I had to laugh, good fun for sure.
Thanks for sharing, good trip.

Boreal, I'll send you a message in the next day or two. I'm going to think about locations and get a list together for you.

Robin, Thanks for the kind words. I'm still new to the video making process, so I often forget to record things like camp chores. I liked doing it that way and hope to remember to do that again on the next trip. I honestly wasn't too hungover, but i'm nowhere near a morning person. It definitely gives that impression though, glad it could make a laugh.

Nice report, thanks for making a nice video. Really enjoyed it. Nice surprise finding tables of all things on your campsite.

Back