• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Boundary Waters Expo June 11-12th 2016

Reaction score
The dates are set for the 2016 Boundary Waters Expo. I had a great time at the inaugural event, and am hoping next years will be better yet. Once again we will have presentations, exhibitors and gear demos, on the shores of Seagull Lake on the Gunflint Trail. The website is http://www.visitcookcounty.com/bwcaexpo/ .

I see these are the same dates as the 1st annual Great American Canoe Festival in Ely. To bad it's such a long drive between the 2, looks like people will have to choose unless they like a lot of driving.

How far apart?

I wonder if the weeks after these events is smack in the middle of black fly season around WCPP or Marshall Lake?

It would be fun the hit both events on my way north. Just dreamin' but ya never know.

Robin, It would be great if you came to the expo. We're a little far west to be on the way for Marshall lake, would be a good stop on a trip to WCPP or Pickle Lake area. Let me know and I'll give you some very biased ideas on where to stay in the area.

It is too bad that the two events have lined up. When we heard rumors that Ely was planning a similar event we took every measure possible to confirm they wouldn't overlap, and received assurances that they wouldn't. That included talking directly to their Camber of Commerce, who told us they were not having any event. It wasn't until mid Nov. that vendors told me that after we'd contacted them they got a similar invite from the Ely event over the same dates. I hope not, but it seems like the overlap was intentional.

Overlapping the two events is bad for both shows, the vendors attending, and most importantly the paddling community. I'm sure many would have liked to attend both shows, and not have to go to one at the expense of the other.

Quinn

Back