• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

A Fresh Start

Thank you, Robin. Since you were brave enough to do this, Batman should be your sidekick and not vice-versa.

Robin, thank you for persevering through the various challenges and preserving this site. There is a little something already going here and nurturing this community should be easier than starting anew.

I have been hesitant to spend much time posting the Canoetripping with the possibility that the site could vanish in a few weeks. I have a couple of projects going on that I will post, and will likewise hope to share a trip report or two in the future.

I have a couple of tripping buds who are not on Canoetripping, and I will invite them to participate as well.

Your efforts in taking this on are much appreciated.

Congrats and remember if you need any help as stated before let me know and I'll kick is some funds.

Put me on the list of those that were reluctant to post much with a previously uncertain future...
Very glad to see you managed to save the site, I do think it's better to build on this site, rather than start anew.
With that said, I did expect to meet up with Willis in the spring of '13...

I can offer some financial assistance and paddling advice for most of the Adirondacks. That's all I've got!!

Thanks Again, Glad to see you all here and you are right, better to build on this site than start anew. I am going to pay for a 1 year renewal at Siteguard (this web sites host) this week now that I'm comfortable with the site and folks have had a positive response.
As far as any donations, I'll give it a month or two and see how I do and if everyone is still happy here. Then I might open a pay pal thing for very small donations. It hasn't been a big expense, nothing I wasn't willing to loose if it didn't work out.
Thanks Again.

Good god Robin..While I was out.. you were hard at work. Look at all the new familiar faces and some new refreshing faces! I suppose I should feel guilty about an eleven day canoe trip in the Sunny Everglades with temperatures between 40 and 70...

But I don't. (now ducking and bobbing :) )

I promise a TR..

I have been offline since the regime change. A big dog that wasn't mine knocked a cup of coffee that wasn't mine onto a laptop that unfortunately was mine. After diagnostics and waiting a week for a new motherboard the hard drive wouldn't spin up. Now I have a new computer running and discover Robin has prevailed. Hooray!!! Paddle On!
Dave

Sounds like a "dog ate my homework" story....just kidding, I hope it wasn't to much of a drain on your wallet.

BTW, I got to get a good look at your arctic trip again in the Trip Reports forum last week on my sons nice lap top, amazing pictures and an impressive trip. I just can't imagine what it's like to be among all that ice and trying to sleep in polar bear country. Thanks for sharing it.

Robin,
It was a cool trip(in all ways). Sleep? How about catnaps with one ear open. First time I've slept with a loaded rifle within reach. I've had ships in the ice but was always looking down at it. Looking UP at it was humbling. Definitely not canoe country.

Back