No announcement yet.

Scored a new pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frenchy these pans have their own Slippery Slope.

Comment

Unlike Robin I don't use my CHPs at home, I use Cast Iron.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kghu7Ep8djyNtFg7U2gtv7kDqS1xbdV-s92OXsFa-gegCN8ykjTBlSoSdbC8Di7qeWWn6m1rSQ=w328-h246-no.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	79151
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sweeper View Post
        Frenchy these pans have their own Slippery Slope.
        Ha! Yeah, I can only imagine. I also use cast iron (nice looking set, btw!!) at home, and on partner/group paddling trips as well. When I solo, I pretty much only eat freeze dried or stuff that I have dehydrated, so all I need is a small pot to boil water.

Comment

The pan arrived today. Tiny! Measures 11.5 inches from end of handle across the opposite rim edge, 6 inches across the rim and 4.5 inches across the actual cooking surface. Weighs in at 185 grams. Pretty small; not sure I would bring this on a trip, even a solo. That means I just need to look for a bigger one...

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy19 View Post
            The pan arrived today. Tiny! Measures 11.5 inches from end of handle across the opposite rim edge, 6 inches across the rim and 4.5 inches across the actual cooking surface. Weighs in at 185 grams. Pretty small; not sure I would bring this on a trip, even a solo. That means I just need to look for a bigger one...
            Aaaannd the slippery slope has started. I like that pan though Frenchy. I bet you can fit one egg and a rasher of bacon in that. Might need photographic proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Odyssey View Post

Aaaannd the slippery slope has started. I like that pan though Frenchy. I bet you can fit one egg and a rasher of bacon in that. Might need photographic proof.
              Yes, the slide has begun! I found a 10" pan on Etsy and ordered it...in the meantime, I will use the Hobbit sized one tomorrow morning with egg/bacon on a twig stove I recently purchased. I. Love. Gear.

Comment

Yeah, the larger 10" looks formidable and perfect for tripping. It's a funny thing, canoe tripping, kinda like a hobo life. Almost a carefree lifestyle, almost, but there are always details. What size bindle? What kind of stick to hang it from? What will I fit in it? I bought a 30L barrel and fry pans separately without considering the consequences. The pans don't fit in the barrel but they're the perfect size for breakfast and bannock. These days I'm caring more and more about what stuff weighs and how much space it takes up, but I'm also caring less and less when I make such mistakes. If I want to take something badly enough to carry it, I'll find room for it somewhere.
                Last edited by Odyssey; 04-04-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Hang it on the outside of the barrel Hobbit style.

Comment

For second breakfasts. And elevenses...

Comment

Glad I found this forum; humor, wisdom and fresh ideas to feed my gear addiction.

I make a lot of mistakes with gear, but isn't that just one step in the dance? I try something that others rave about, do not like it, sell it (or give it away) and try something else. Drives my wife, Deb, nuts, but that keeps us sane!

BTW...Deb loves the tiny 6" Bilbo pan, and when I got home from my 2nd job, I saw it hanging on the wall. So, the dance continues, and I look forward to receiving my 10" toy.

Comment

Name:	JVPHgZ7wfzVdvZthIPFspiFMhOZaNRmlm_NLWqMC9RysVbobztXZxz4hwzo8CuSdt57noxteaVUrppqnSka7ypHNsxdDngB9jwC3CaTJfcfddWXUToj6mctp0cZiV2JzaD1FCNk-bwBnmEcOWKIHUKpf3iQO0bbGc4ybw1xuhPy1I-hZnOgPnKyeBnMxk3Lj0WQkZ0lL2WNwX5e6NokmBhU8_bDvEb53ABwHmI5Y8D7thjsK7MtgWUrf8zEUpdd
Views:	94
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	79301

Comment

Poking around an old logging camp I found a rusted out Cold Handle Pan. It has the name on the handle, do they all?
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNorth...1?feature=mhee

Comment

Several companies made them but I have a couple of unmarked ones also.

Comment

Name:	IMG_20191022_114750.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	473.0 KB
ID:	99654 I'm up to 3 now, 6", 8", & 10". All of them have a name on the handle, 3 different ones.
                              Not all who are lost wish to be found..............

Comment

Still hoping to find one myself. Someday I’ll get lucky.
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X