• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Wood Canvas Chairs finished

Reaction score
I just finished sewing up replacement canvas for a couple of wooden/canvas chairs given to me by a good friend.
I used some left over #12 canvas from a previous canoe restoration

I think they will go good with my canvas wall tent, wood canvas canoe and of course my experimental "wood canvas cold handle frying pan":rolleyes: next week.

Really nice. You'll need more hooks for hanging those folding chairs up in the wall tent, right along side your kitchen gear.

Thanks, it was fun, wife won't let me use her sewing machine but I did ok with my Craigslist hand me down...Thanks Dennis

Thanks, it was fun, wife won't let me use her sewing machine but I did ok with my Craigslist hand me down...Thanks Dennis
Just be sure to remind your wife that you can't do button holes or hems. No sense letting her add to your honey-do list. ;)

Robin , those chairs will add just that extra comfort & atmosphere to future trips much better than furniture that makes you look like You just stepped out of a jetson's cartoon.

You should get years of comfort and enjoyment out of those chairs. Nothing like being up off the cold damp ground as we age; at least I'll speak for myself. I'm sure you'll enjoy many a hot cup of coffee from these in the years to come. Enjoy!

Until next time...be well.

snapper

Is the canvas stapled to the wood or looped or tied under? Looks nice!

Stapled, lots of staples. Then I went over the staples with a light tack hammer with a brass clinching block underneath to get em tight.

Robin , those chairs will add just that extra comfort & atmosphere to future trips much better than furniture that makes you look like You just stepped out of a jetson's cartoon.

Yea, those new lightweight seats do look like spaceage moon chairs..haha

You should get years of comfort and enjoyment out of those chairs. Nothing like being up off the cold damp ground as we age; at least I'll speak for myself. I'm sure you'll enjoy many a hot cup of coffee from these in the years to come. Enjoy!

Until next time...be well.

snapper

I'm hoping to be sipping coffee while I sit in one next week, stoking the wood stove out there on Low Lake.

Back