• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Photo of the day

No Title

Here's one my wife took while we were on a wood run across the Bog River from Campsite 12 during a break in the rain last week... probably the best pic of the trip. Our camp was right next to that clump of yellow birch foliage you see on the left.

Attachments

• photo1116.jpg
    photo1116.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 1
A bit more from Western paddles.

The entrance to Unna Lake, off of the Cariboo River, on the the Bowron Lake Circuit in British Columbia.

IMG_0075-XL.jpg

We took a little 7 day trip one year with the kids when they were young. We spent 5 days just reading, swimming and day paddling around. I have lots of memories but few photos. Here's an old one of this trip. Eldest son was off camera and on shore rambling and exploring wearing his whistle. Younger son taking a leap of joy off the bow, too scared to swim without his PFD, too excited to stay ashore. Eldest daughter off camera treading water laughing. Youngest daughter safely stowed with dad, shouting out scores "6.5! Your splash wasn't big enough!"

PA270701.JPG

Poor photo, but rich memories.

Wow! Great picture with the deer looking right at you!

Thank you.

I came around a bend in the river and there she was with that bright green river grass still in her mouth. I was scrambling to get the camera up and snap some photos before she spooked. She never really took off, she moved a bit closer to shore and watched our two solo canoes pass. It was a great experience. The Sika deer were introduced many years ago when the land was owned and operated as a hunting club. Now it's a county park and the Sika deer are still around. I've always seen does but never a stag. I'll guess I'll keep going back looking and hoping.

Back