• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Photo of the day

14985_10204980574375283_6932773132440652171_n.jpg

Tea and puppy time

Spotted on McIntosh Lake, Algonquin PP, Sept 7, 2014
The couple that paddles together...
He's in a Bell; She's in a Placid. Fairly uncommon boats in Algonquin. Maybe someone here knows them?

Placids are relatively common in the Adirondacks which is five hours from Algonquin. I have a RapidFire. Looks like she is in the shorter Spitfire. Probably she was enjoying the portages. Placids run sub 30 lbs.

Here is Rapid I might have put this photo in a TR.. I apologize if its a repeat.

Last edited:
Nice..is that on Lake Superior?

Actually, I meant, does anyone know the couple, haha. I was sure you would know the boat!

Last edited:
It's Florida.. A Superior photo looks more like this.. bring dramamine.. Not altered in any way or straightened

No Title

photo1061.jpg photo1061.jpg

Miles from nowhere. NWT.
"So, what's the plan?"
This was looking like a three day portage up to the rim of the canyon and down river for who knows how far. Ugh.
Bunch of suburban "kids" maybe in over their heads?

Attachments

• attach18867.jpg
    attach18867.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Why Not? I have a friend on Facebook who took his two sons all over the US on summer vacation and kept posting photos ala "Where's Waldo". We all had fun guessing where the clan was each day.

Its Pictured Rocks Wisconsin on Lake Superior from a decked canoe.

Aren't the new generation of camp chairs (Alites and Helinoxes) just the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Yes! But I find myself sitting more than I used to. I'm not sure if that's a good thing yet.

No Title

On sitting.... this was during a trip to Flaming Gorge last month. A morning after a rainy cold night and the canyon was fog filled as the sun rose. This is where I take my coffee and breakfast each morning. Just 5 feet to my left is a 1400' shear drop into the Red Canyon. An exhilarating location to dine and ponder all things in need of pondering. Our camp is about 30 yards behind me. I would be paddling this canyon later in the day.

Attachments

• photo1093.jpg
    photo1093.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Rpg51,
That looks like one of the canyons on the Horton.

That's correct. Good eye. Looking at your web site I see you have paddled the Horton and the Thelon. Those are the two trips we have have done so far up there. Wonderful country. It gets in your blood.

We are starting to think about another one, maybe next year or the year after. Not sure what. Maybe in the Yukon Territories this time - something in the trees.

Back