• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Whats more canoe related than a microbrewery?

That's what the world needs, more good beer.
and friendly conversations over good beer

We have feet up, the Pats game on and cracked a growler of Old Course Porter. They only sell on site or in growlers. No cans or bottling facility.

How could you go wrong with Barrel Aged
[FONT=clarendon_btroman]DOUBLE SHOT DOUBLE BLACK ?[/FONT]

Maudite alas is only in 22 oz bottles in our stores
Potent enough to make me fall asleep
Good but with all the brews around just middling

Whoa! 22 oz is small change for you? You're my kind of girl!! (Just kidding YC)

Yup, there's a lot of selection out there; not all of it available locally though.
I'm pretty happy with the regional brews, but not many with canoe labels here.

Last edited:
I've had a bottle of that many years ago and still looking for another.
I found it at Ebenezers in Lowell a few years ago.. UFO Area 51 ( a division of a Shop and Save that is devoted to beer and wine in abundance) in Naples ME has it too. So does the Good Beer Store in Fryeburg..

Do you have kind of an uppity beer store in your area?

Did someone say "Maudite?"
Coldfeet introduced that to me up on the Cold River once.
Now that's a beer that'll put hair on yer keel ;)
A must-have in my fridge these days.

Thanks but I was an Army Recruiter in Lowell, in the 80's and not sure I want to relive any part of that city.

Naples is where I found it. I do have a good beer shop and I like to push them with things they don't have, so I'll give that a try. Thanks for reminding me about OEO.

Do you have kind of an uppity beer store in your area?

I have uppity beer stores, even out in the ruburbs. Finding good bourbon to decant into the tripping flask remains 40 mile drive problematic.

Newest favorite, not even a single barrel, is Barterhouse Orphan Barrel. Expertly blended, 20 years old, 90.2 proof, dangerously smooth as silk. A bourbon loving sister in law left a bottle for me to enjoy after Thanksgiving.

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/orphan+barrel+barther+house+twenty+old+bourbon+whisky+kentucky+usa

$90-$125 a bottle? dang, back to Knob Creek (spells “Bonk” backwards, and I’ve been Bonked), or Blanton’s if I’m feeling flush.

Never been to a nano-, micro-, midi- or macro-brewery, but I prefer my ceiling-hung canoe and beer to be white birch.

Pepes-Foxon-Park-Soda.jpg

Back