• Happy Scream Day! 😱

We need a canoe

Reaction score
The Norembaga Chapter (New England) of the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association has a history of restoring a canoe and then bringing it to the WCHA assembly to be auctioned off with 100% of the sale being donated to the operating expenses of the organization.
Unfortunately, the canoe we received for next years assembly in Ontario turned out to be beyond restoration so the chapter is now trying to find a replacement.
The theme next year is Chestnut canoes and also Bill Mason.
We are looking for a restorable Chestnut canoe to be donated for restoration, then highlighted and auctioned off at next years WCHA assembly. A long shot for sure, but someone might have one hanging in the barn or know of one.
Thank You

Too bad. There was a prospector here but it went toute suite. The closest we could offer is a low end Pete Champlain. I dont even have a whisper of anything else at the moment. Of course I have sworn off buying canoes until the six we are working on have been finished. ( Donating one would get me that much closer to being able to buy more).

Christy

Are you coming across the Trans Canada?

We will probably come back through North Dakota but will renter Canada somewhere as Northern Ontario is so much faster than Chicago and that southbound route
If K&C don't have a candidate maybe Mem will. We'll probably use 11 by Geraldton

Back