• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Updating going on

Reaction score
The site will be getting upgraded this coming week. There should be no interruptions but in the event there is, the site should be back on line quickly.
Thank You

Thanks for the heads up! Upgrades are behind the scenes technical stuff or things we'll see when we read or post?

Just behind the scenes stuff that vBulletin releases every so often to make the site more secure. Sometimes there are glitches, hopefully none this time.

Hello,
I noticed all my apostrophes and quote marks were encoded this morning in a post I wrote last night so went to edit and the site won't let me enter more than a few sentences. When I edited and saved, it cut off my post about a third of the way through. Not sure if this is related to the update, but thought I'd pass along.

Here is the post:
http://www.canoetripping.net/forums...73235-first-time-build-freedom-17?view=thread

Hello,
I noticed all my apostrophes and quote marks were encoded this morning in a post I wrote last night so went to edit and the site won't let me enter more than a few sentences. When I edited and saved, it cut off my post about a third of the way through. Not sure if this is related to the update, but thought I'd pass along.

Here is the post:
http://www.canoetripping.net/forums...73235-first-time-build-freedom-17?view=thread

Never mind. I found an odd character in my text which was causing the cut off. Thanks for the great site!

Not sure, I'll ask my it guy.
Thanks for the heads up.

On another note, does the site still come up on your cell phone? Someone sent me a message that it now does not come up on their phone, but it used to.

My wife has a cell phone and it doesn't come up on Google, but she tried searching for it on Yahoo and it works.

Maybe if you have it bookmarked on your cell phone you need to update the bookmark? I don't know, it will be a while before I here from IT guy.
Thanks

Last edited:
Not sure, I'll ask my it guy.
Thanks for the heads up.

On another note, does the site still come up on your cell phone? Someone sent me a message that it now does not come up on their phone, but it used to.

I'm on my cell now, it's a bit different but still works.

I came back from a 10 day trip last week to find the same thing. I could not post a message using apostrophes or quotations marks or the post would cut off.

When I looked all of my previous posts had suddenly converted every apostrophe or quotations mark into weirdo symbols, like reading a post written partly in wingding font. I cleared my cache, still wingdings.

I've been promoted to a 2 star Rear Admiral. The red bars under my name say so. (I'd normally expect you junior ranks to salute me but I'll let it slide for now.) Everyone, as you were.
I'm liking this upgrade Robin. Sir.

Updating is the nature of the tech world, I work in it. Stuff happens and then gets resolved over time. It's not always easy and clean. Robin, you do an excellent job of keeping this site going. I commend you for making this an excellent place to visit and and excellent place for so much knowledge that is shared! Thank you for keeping it going!

dougd

Back