• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Underwater drone - "recreational fishing will never be the same again"

Reaction score
Nope, couldn't catch fish today, dead batteries. TV fishing shows must be drooling over this chance to sell new gear.

powerray-drone-fishing-designboom01.jpg

CES 2017: at the CES 2017 electronics and technology trade show, powervision presents the ‘powerray’, an underwater drone that revolutionizes the recreational fishing industry. designed for freshwater, saltwater, and even ice fishing, the robot provides a thrilling and effortless experience for enthusiasts and hobbyists alike. it can dive as deep as 30 meters, and detect fishes up to 40 meters way from it with pin-point precision of up to 10 centimeters. packing even more features, the sub-drone includes an internal fish luring light with a hue of blue, and a remotely operated bait drop.

‘recreational fishing is one of the lifestyle areas that has not seen major technology breakthroughs. by introducing powerray, powervision is completely changing the way we have been fishing in the past 7,000 years. through innovating the fish finding technology and features, providing the thrill of finding the catch and an immersive underwater experience through virtual reality, powerray is going to provide more efficiency, thrill, and fun to fishermen around the world,‘ said wally zheng, CEO of powervision technology group. ‘recreational fishing will never be the same again.‘

http://www.designboom.com/technology/powerray-fishing-drone-ces-2017-01-04-2017/

eff I hoppe this become illegal. what are people doing! Disgusting

Since fishing with lights is already illegal, I would suspect this falls into that category. It is like baiting deer or ducks. Waaaaay more than just the next step in fish finders, but along the same lines as using tech to compensate for you lack of ability. Its a millenial thing eh.

I agree. Totally uncalled for. True sportsman don't need an underwater camera drone to catch fish. They do just fine with 4 fish finders mounted in their $35,000 boat that travels at 65mph with 12 different rod/reel combinations valued at $500 each, state of the art fishing line, and $3500 worth of tackle.

Alan

I agree. Totally uncalled for. True sportsman don't need an underwater camera drone to catch fish. They do just fine with 4 fish finders mounted in their $35,000 boat that travels at 65mph with 12 different rod/reel combinations valued at $500 each, state of the art fishing line, and $3500 worth of tackle.

Alan

Or a tankara rod a line and a fly... That is how I do it... sometime I go hungry a bit but that's ok.

Had to sell the submersible DeLorean. No room for groceries (she told me). sigh. And it was a bugger finding parts.
I'm checking AutoTrader every day waiting for a used one of these to come along. Those Tracy boys are bound to retire one of these days.

thunderbirds4.jpg

Russians fishing with hand grenades...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ade-fishing-goes-terribly-terribly-wrong.html

This is a method of fishing I haven't seen covered on TV fishing shows yet. If it proves to be effective, adoption here in the west could be encouraged. I can just see Bob Izumi pitching a few grenades over the side while explaining technique with a big smile.

Clearly the Russians are an optimistic bunch and the results of this effort, while admittedly not the most productive in this instance, might have some real potential. Efficiency may been affected by excessive consumption of vodka which I understand is a problem in Russia... certainly it's too soon to fault this method because of a single slip-up.

If there was consumption of alcohol, the fishermen could be developing additional skills besides use of explosives. I would say being able to stand up and pee over the side of the boat while in an extremely intoxicated state is an important skill.

Back