• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

St. Regis Canoe Area Camping Trip

Reaction score
Made it out to the St. Regis Canoe Area in the Adirondacks of NY for a few days of camp. Explored some of the ponds off the 7 carries loop around St. Regis Lake. Wish I could have joined the crew at Little Tupper but had to work this week. Hope you are all getting out for an autumn paddle!

Attachments

• photo8053.jpg
    photo8053.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8054.jpg
    photo8054.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8055.jpg
    photo8055.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8056.jpg
    photo8056.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8057.jpg
    photo8057.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8058.jpg
    photo8058.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8059.jpg
    photo8059.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8060.jpg
    photo8060.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8061.jpg
    photo8061.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8062.jpg
    photo8062.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8063.jpg
    photo8063.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Really nice photos. I go up to St Regis at least once a year. Hoping to get up there before the fall is finished this year. Perhaps another long weekend canoe tripping trip can be planned from this group?
Are those coral mushrooms?
Jason

Great photos!
For my future knowledge, would you mind explaining how you achieved that piece of wood all shaved up? Looks exactly what one would need to get a fire started.

Great photos, Mr Frog...I recognize some of those spots.
Lion's mane?? I've heard it's very tasty, is it?
yeah, wantes to see some ponds off the st. regis canoe area loop. right, very very tasty, choice mushroom. cooked it with bacon grease and some adobo and ate with venison backstrap.

Really nice photos. I go up to St Regis at least once a year. Hoping to get up there before the fall is finished this year. Perhaps another long weekend canoe tripping trip can be planned from this group?
Are those coral mushrooms?
Jason

I call them bears head tooth mushroom. coral is common but not something I eat.

Great photos!
For my future knowledge, would you mind explaining how you achieved that piece of wood all shaved up? Looks exactly what one would need to get a fire started.

thx, its called a feather stick or indian match. a sharp blade is pressed against the wood from top to bottom and rotated around with each stroke to make fine curls. Valuable in wet weather conditions when you need dry heartwood to get things going. youtube would have some great tutorials.

Back