• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Speaking of peanut butter...

Reaction score
Here's a question; what is the ultimate sinfully good food item often left at home from a canoe trip that you miss the most?

none... I bring everything I eat at home in the bush... I can't think of anything I leave behind for any good reasons...

Except real peanut butter?

No no, I do bring real PB. So far I did anyway... I don't think I will bring that powdered stuff unless weight is a real issue or maybe on winter trips and only if it turns out to be half decent!!

Ditto, I take real PB and jam ... once you spread the weight over how many snacks/meals that weight covers, it's not a bad deal for me at least.

I thought "powdered PB" what a good idea, then I read few articles ... one author had a few good points. Removing the oil by pressing also takes a lot of the vitamins out, as they are fat soluble, also the fat (oil) helps with satisfying your hunger ... yes it reduces calories, but that is not something I am going to worry about on the trail ... a few extra calories is probably a good idea given the energy being expended.

Powdered peanut butter is a byproduct of making peanut oil. Most of it was probably landfilled or put in animal feed until some marketer figured out that you could make people think that it was something special.

The food item I miss on trips is a beverage, Margaritas. Wine or Jaegermeister seem to fill the void though.
Ha!! I bought a 4 pack of Margaritas for the trip we did this week. But at the last minute I left them behind, rethinking my beverage choices. I opted for lemon water instead?! Can't believe I left those 4 lovelies in the fridge at home! Just when I'd forget all about my lime Margaritas my wife would say "Wouldn't a cold Margy go down nice right now?!" Sometimes she really pushes my buttons.

...and before you all get carried away the best ice cream flavour is NOT peanut butter. It's Black Cherry. Everybody knows that.

Back