• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

SOLD: Royalex Argosy solo canoe

Reaction score
This boat is sold.

14' Wenonah Argosy solo - asking $900
Red Royalex, vinyl gunwales
Nearly perfect condition
Outfitted with a foam saddle and a single d-ring to allow a minimalist thigh strap setup. Also includes the original adjustable webbing seat and its mounting bolts - the seat brackets are still in place, so if you hate the idea of a saddle, just remove it, bolt the seat in, and go.

Surprisingly fast boat but still reasonably maneuverable, especially if you're comfortable tilting it. Hardest water this boat has ever been on is a class 1+ urban run with a series of manmade drops where I used it to embarrass a bunch of kayakers in a paddle/portage race. Otherwise, it's just been paddled on local flat water.

I've carried gear before, but it's not really a tripping boat. I'm 5'10", 165 lbs, and that feels about like the sweet spot. I'd be comfortable carrying maybe 40 lbs of gear, as long is it was low in the hull. A friend who weighs 200+ and has a very long torso tried it once, and it was very twitchy for him. I'm selling the boat because pain from an old skiing injury has reached the point where kneeling for extended periods is miserable.

I'm located in Athens, OH but travel reasonably often to the New/Gauley and Yough/Cheat watersheds. Also occasionally wind up in the Hagerstown MD area visiting family.

Attachments

• photo10314.jpg
    photo10314.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10315.jpg
    photo10315.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10316.jpg
    photo10316.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo10317.jpg
    photo10317.jpg