• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Small canoe race and music fest, Saturday, June 10 2017, Southwest Wisconsin

Reaction score
Hope this one is not too far off topic for the site. If so, please let me know.

This may be far from the tastes of many on the site, but if you would like to do something in a canoe around other people, the friends of Readstown Wisconsin is putting on a fundraiser to improve their local parks. They are located on the Kickapoo river, so a canoe race seemed natural. There will also be food and music.

Registrations for the race are being handled by a local oufitter. This is a flat, 6.5 mile stretch of river, so don't expect anything too exciting to happen. I'm trying to figure out how big of an event this will be, but this is the first year that they have done it, and everything is an experiment. They are treating the race as a timed event, with staggered starts.

If you come for the river, keep in mind:
  • This is the middle Kickapoo, its kind of meandering through farm and woodland, without the dramatic bluffs and gorges that you will see advertised if you google Kickapoo. All of that is further upstream
  • The outfitter is also providing a discounted rate on rental equipment for participants, so I'm expecting that a good portion of the people on the river will have little experience.

Back