• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Recovery.

Reaction score
No - not that topic.

Recovery of my hand injury.
It's going better than expected. Doc released me back to work this week. I've been paddling once and even managed some down river poling last weekend. Yeah - I swam. But I was kind of asking for it. Grip strength still isn't good enough for attainment or fighting strong wind, but it's coming along - about 50% of normal. Doing a day trip down the MF Payette tomorrow - tandem with my wife. Still doubtful whether I can do any multi-day trips this season, but I'm going to plan for one later on anyway.

That's good news Steve. And thanks for sharing about your accident. It was a good reminder for this self-employed carpenter to make very deliberate movements when that saw is running.

Considering how that could have turned out, hearing this news is awesome.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

Did 10 miles on the MF Payette today with the local paddling group. Flow was the highest we've done on that stretch. My wife in the bow made some great progress practicing eddy turns and peel outs. My wrist is loosening up enough to do a passable job with the paddle. No swimmers today. :D

Great news! Glad your fighting through the hard stuff. I wouldn't count out anything, adjustments can be made, but I obviously don't need to tell you that! Keep at it.

Jason

That's great news, Steve. Must be a real relief to be progressing faster than expected. Hopefully that means the finished product will be better than expected as well.

Alan

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

Did 10 miles on the MF Payette today with the local paddling group. Flow was the highest we've done on that stretch. My wife in the bow made some great progress practicing eddy turns and peel outs. My wrist is loosening up enough to do a passable job with the paddle. No swimmers today. :D

Glad your recovery is going so well. It mentally tough on active folks when they get hurt. Most aren't very good at sitting out and it get's to be pretty depressing.

Good to hear your back on the water :- )

Keep it up and you will be good as new in a few months... Be safe out there!
Cheers

Yeah, there have been some days of depression. Reading this site has helped. Exercising helps. Getting on the water has been a real relief.

Doc mmentioned that speed and quality of nerve recovery is partially linked to general health and lifestyle. He says that my non-smoker-light-drinker status and better than average physical condition are likely to enhance recovery. He really stresses the difference that smoking makes.

Back