• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Picked up my Headwaters Canoe! Pic heavy post.

Reaction score
Alright!! I picked up my 15 foot Headwaters Prospector - basically a Chestnut Ranger - and after driving 1000 miles this weekend to bring her home, I took my first paddle with her yesterday for 5 hours on the Wisconsin River. It was a beautiful day and evening, but the current was pretty strong and I returned later than I hoped - luckily the moon was full and there were no clouds. Anyway, although I was exhausted from driving and paddling, it was awesome!

So today, my wife and daughter and our two dogs Jake and Gunner just had to get some more river time. We use painter lines to pull the canoes across shallow sandbars to get to isolated bars or island the boats can not get to - then the dogs let her rip! It is a great time watching them, talking, sun tanning, having a cold one and playing with the dogs.

Her are some pics of my boat and my dogs. Headwaters makes a fantastic boat!! I LOVE my new canoe.

Thanks for looking.

First paddle on the Wisconsin River

RtWhZQD.jpg

Wj15eo5.jpg

1nHbE13.jpg

Family with dogs day outing ...

ykMkH8G.jpg

jgAsQRI.jpg

eqJZ5d0.jpg

eU3VN9R.jpg

kb7JCl0.jpg

My wife and daughter declined to be photoed, but we all had a great day. It is nice to spend some time with my daughter as she is back from college and will be working for the summer soon. I hope you all had as good of a weekend as I did. Have a great week!

Bob.

Nice boat worth every mile. I've been on one of those 1000 mile boat run, although we did it for two.

Congratulations.

Hi Bob, Sure is a nice looking canoe. I love that shot with the packs, paddles and tump. Looks like the pups like it too. Glad to see it's a user, I hope you have many fine trips in it.

Congrats Bob! Beautiful pics of your boat. That buttery color of fresh cedar planking sure is pretty. Enjoy it!

Really nice looking canoe... Are the inwales spruce and the outwales Cherry?

The inwales and outwales are both ash, but I had the outwales stained. At first, I kind of regretted doing that, but it they are growing on me as time goes on.

Bob.

I like it! I will(if I ever get one new) get them sitka spruce in and cherry out!!

Nice. I may need to bum a ride in one of those someday, just to find out what they feel like. Was that the Lower Wisconsin riverway zone? If so, above or below Lone Rock?

Hogan,

Yup, Jake and I will tripping with you in this canoe next week.

Sailsman, the pics are from the Wisconsin River, south of the 23 bridge Spring green area, roughly 6 miles north of Lone Rock - one of my favorite stretches of river.

Bob.

Nice boat, Bob. I'm looking for something to do this week. I was planning to go to Duluth but that fell through. Any suggestions? Just got off the phone with Skip. I haven't paddled with both of you for years. Maybe I'll make it up to see the new boat. Bob P

Back