• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

One More (Adirondacks)

Reaction score
I recently discovered an inaccuracy on a USGS map that led me to believe Little Fish Pond, half way between Cranberry and Lows Lake, was not part of the Five Ponds Wilderness. The actual boundary is about 400 ft. further east than depicted. This meant more than 50% of Little Fish is state owned, qualifying it for inclusion to my list of ponds of the Five Ponds. I suddenly had cause for another Five Ponds adventure.

I will again make apologies to anyone who cannot access the link below. I have never learned, nor have I been able to find anyone who has the patience to educate me on the skills needed for sharing photos in any other manner. I understand that many have distain for forums like FB. I do not want this thread to become a debate about social media, but feel compelled to share, in the only means I have, a recent Adirondack adventure.

https://www.facebook.com/paul.conklin.927/media_set?set=a.10217256118227478&type=3

As usual Mr. Conklin an excellent read. One day I will have to get maps of that area just to follow your adventures. Many thanks for post!

dougd

very enjoyable and informative as usual, thanks for sharing. One great and challenging thing about the ADKs for me, is that there are always new paddling destinations either that I haven't got to yet--or that get opened up to the public. This summer I had a great stay in the Essex chain witch was surprisingly wild.

Conk, I’m stuck without FB access for a couple weeks but now I have something to look forward to
Turtle,
I hope you went down the Chain Drain

Back