• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Official Canoetripping.net fund raiser / knife build project.

Reaction score
The last two winters Robin has been kind enough to allow me to do a knife build thread in the DIY gear area of the site. It was fun for me and helped pass the "hard water months". Other members enjoyed the build thread as well. This year I offered to make the knife build a fund raiser, and after recent hacking events Robin and I have decided to go forward with that plan. I am excited about this project. Basically I'm going to build the knife and donate it to the site. Robin will set up how to donate to the site. Robin is thinking something along the lines of "so many dollars per chance". Robin will take care of the drawing and I will ship the new knife to the winner. I will be in charge of making the knife and Robin will be in charge of running the fund raiser. Robin is going to post a follow up in this thread with fund raiser details.

I will soon be starting a thread in the DIY section. I hope to make this somewhat interactive with the other site members (you guys and gals). We will jointly name the knife. Yes I'm like that. Much of my gear has names. For example, last year's project became known as Stabby. Along the way he got a middle name, Stabby Joe. You will pick out bolster material and also handle wood from my available wood stash. You will decide blade finish, satin or polished.
See you soon in DIY. Dave

I'm so happy to see this project! Winter has finally arrived, need some good interweb time! Looking forward to seeing Stabby's sibling!

Great idea, looking forward to following along! Winter is coming, we are supposed to get our first snowfall tonight, just in time or deer hunting tomorrow.

I always love watching you work at your art.

First big blast of Winter here yesterday, hopefully it will melt soon...

Very nice of you, I'm looking forward to helping out with the fundraiser also. I very much enjoy this site.

A big Thank You to Rippy. for coming up with this fund raising idea. Lasts year his knife build was a very popular thread and I for one was amazed at the talent and workmanship that he showed us.
At first I was hesitant to have a fund raiser. The site was going well and there was enough money left in the kitty to cover next Feb. hosting renewals fees, or pretty close to it. It was only a year ago that I asked for donations and I was hoping to string it out for a longer period but between the growth of the site, some sneaky hacking problems, a group of new updates needing to be installed this past few weeks, there is a need for some funds and I was glad that Rippy was still willing to help the site out.
I will wait till the build gets going and then provide you with contact information to donate. It will be either via PayPal or a check thru the USPS.
I'm not sure of the details as far as how the raffle will work, maybe $15 gets you one chance, every additional $15 gets another chance. Not sure where or how to do the drawing, but I will make sure it's done with some sort of accountability.
BTW, if your not interested in being part of the drawing, but would like to donate that will be an option also.

So Thanks again to Rippy for sharing his knife build with us once again and being so generous to us all.

Back