• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Juniper springs run us closed but section useable

Reaction score
Juniper springs run is closed at the head right now. Was able to make it up to the rapids from tell take out an then back down past the take out to the St Johns river. Nice little paddle if you can sit on the bottom oof you're canoe ando limbo.

Many places in the Ocala National Forest were hit pretty hard. This website has a news area about Juniper Springs near the bottom of the page. By the way, if you are a bird watcher the area below the Juniper Springs takeout to the takeout on the boat ramp on the St. Johns River (Lake George) has lots to view. I would take a beater paddler for Lake George because as big as it is it is very shallow quite aways from shore. Was suprised to see several string rays on the bottom in the shallow water.

Yes that is the takeout. I think from the Juniper Springs takeout (putin) to the boat ramp is about 8 miles. Saw 5 eagles and about 10 different kind of birds that I don't know the names of last time I went down it.

Sorry about the late reply. The water level is still high to them and many downed trees. Bushes along the banks are bending over into the run. Water in the run has some tanin in it. We kiva river area is very high and lacking acess. Rainbow river is not as clear a normal but has good access

Back