• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Itchy trigger finger...

Looks like a Bobs, a little wider than a Chum but an excellent paddling canoe, ask Fitzb, he has a nice older Bobs and when he paddles it it moves right along. I have had a couple and when leaned over a little they are a dream. Lighter than most wood canvas canoes too. An excellent solo tripper imho, but some don’t share my opinion.
It looks like excellent original condition, maybe it was restored, but it looks excellent. You couldn’t buy one in need of restoration and restore it for less. If it’s origanal check the canvas for age, but it looks great.
Always a tough decision.

Last edited:
I don't think that is a Bob's. The ribs in the canoe are standard thickness instead of the thinner 1/4 inch thick ribs in a Bob's. Also the Bob's had regular ribs instead of the 1-1/2 inch wide ribs as seen in this canoe. It also does not look beamy enough. I think it might be a Chum of sorts.

It looks to be in very good condition. It may need a canvas job soon - hard to say. The price strikes me as a bit high, but maybe there is a little negotiation room there especially if a canvas job is needed soon.

Last edited:
Thanks for weighing in, Guys. I am mostly worried about the canvas. Maybe I'll go take a closer look.

I don't think that is a Bob's. The ribs in the canoe are standard thickness instead of the thinner 1/4 inch thick ribs in a Bob's. Also the Bob's had regular ribs instead of the 1-1/2 inch wide ribs as seen in this canoe. It also does not look beamy enough. I think it might be a Chum of sorts.

I stand corrected, I should have seen the ribs right away. The chum is an excellent solo tripper, not to good a tandem for adults

if the canvas is good, it’s about as good a deal as you will get. But then I thought it was a Bobs so what do I know..HAHA

Just take a wad of cash.. Amazing how a Chestnut turned up on the West Coast.. Canvas maintenance is a necessary evil but not needed very often.. If its the original canvas it has lasted quite a long time.. I wonder if it ever saw much water....

Back