• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Is there a free giveaway on this site?

Reaction score
There seems to be quite a spike in visitors to this site. For months, when I logged in there was usually between 70-125 visitors. Recently when I log in there are around 200 visitors. The number of members remains stable, but visitors have gone way up. This seems too good to be true. Is someone on the site giving away free canoes?:D

There seems to be quite a spike in visitors to this site. For months, when I logged in there was usually between 70-125 visitors. Recently when I log in there are around 200 visitors. The number of members remains stable, but visitors have gone way up. This seems too good to be true. Is someone on the site giving away free canoes?:D

The only free giveaway here is top notch advice and discussion. That may be why.

Folks who are members may not be logged in every time they visit the site. I am not, and only log in when I post.

I have no idea if the number of visitors impacts the cost of running or hosting the site, so I know not whether an increased number of visitors is a factor there. heck, I do not know if posting photos as thumbails or full size embedded photos costs more, and would do my part to economize.

Some of the visitors may be coming via Tell a Friend, with members telling friends, Hey, check this discussion out. I have been party to that, sending links to friends of trips they were on or work we did on their boats. And I know some of them have shared that link with their paddling friends. All part of a still developing online community.

The community of actual canoe trippers is relatively small. I expect that I knew and had tripped with at least a dozen of the members who post here before the site existed. And someday hope to have met and paddled with another dozen who I first met here.

I sure hope not Mike.it will end up getting totally ruined like the old P-net and the new P-net !

Jack L

Back