• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Victoria, B.C.

Reaction score
Hello fellow paddlers, just thought I'd dip my paddle in and say hello for the first time.

I'm originally from the Maritimes (NS and NB until I was in my early 20's) and have been living in B.C. (Vancouver since 1994, Victoria for last 2.5 years) for the last 20 years or so.

Currently I own a 17'6" Clipper Prospector in a Kevlar/Duraflex layup, love paddling that boat! My wife and I canoe fairly regularly. Our most recent trip was the Sayward Forest Canoe Route (more of a portage trail with a bit of paddling thrown in) and you can see some of the pictures here.

Even though my wife and I have paddled for years we have started working on our certifications here in B.C. to become Lakewater instructors and have also recently completed an ocean canoeing course (Advanced Ocean Paddlers with the B.C. Association, and the Intermediate Coastal Paddlers course with Paddle Canada).

A recent photo from the paddle trip that finished off our ocean certification - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/50044t7k...6ul7a?dl=0&preview=VCKC-OCC-2016-WGII0988.jpg

Looking forward to reading up on all your various adventures and advice and on sharing my own with you!

Keep your paddles wet!
marc

Back