• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Hello from Downstate NY

Reaction score
Hello, coldfeet here. Why you ask do I go by that name? Well app 10 years ago I got the hiking bug and when I joined a website it seems like everyone had some type of code name. I had to think of something fast and all I could think about was my feet being cold even in the house. Seems like I have a touch of that Renaud's Syndrome which my father had and so does my sister. After a few years hiking in NY's Catskill's and the Adirondacks, and other east coast areas checking out the viewfromthetop, my knees started to hurt, real bad so somehow I managed getting into the viewsfromthewater. I did the smart thing and rented kayaks. After app 3-4 rentals I purchased a poly 17ft touring kayak. Then all the fun began, I joined the local paddle club here on Long Island. I also went out with a really good paddling/hiking buddy and he took me out to the ADK's for an overnight. Well 6-7 years later I now own 5 different types of boats. Most recently purchased last week is a 1988 Mad River Monarch which I had no idea what the heck it was ($112.50) and I don't think the seller knew what it was. I also paddle a Placid Rapidfire, 16ft Mad River kevlar 49 canoe to take my wife out on and other family members plus friends. I sold my first baot (Tempest 170 because it was to difficult getting out of boat for self rescues (very important to practice) and picked up a kayak with a little larger cockpit a Prijon wildwaser and my last one a favorite of mine, my 2nd boat a Pungo 120! Love that little guy and boy can you pack the heck out of it for a weekend trip. I hope to meet some new friends out there on some gatherings and I want to get a used 12-14 ft RX solo canoe and learn those j strokes. Be well, Coldfeet.

Attachments

• photo1168.jpg
    photo1168.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi Coldfeet, and welcome. Boy, you sure don't sit still! Hiking, camping and paddling; you'll like so many other busy outdoor people here.

Welcome aboard Coldfeet. Is the old saying true...Cold feet, warm heart?
I'm sure you'll find no shortage of people to talk to about all of your interests.
Have fun!

Thanks folks. Robin, I enjoyed my summers growing up in Danbury as a kid in the late 60's early 70's. Used to hang out at Marcus Dairy Bar in the early 80's with the bikers. My sister still lives up there. I used to watch the spot lights on Sat nights when they had the car races at the fair. Did you grow up there?

Hey Coldfeet - Welcome to the forum. If you ever get upstate near Cooperstown, NY, give me a holler. We can paddle a stretch of the Susquehanna River if you're interested. Feel free to come up without a boat. I have one you can borrow.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper

Back