• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Good film about trip from Yellowknife to The Arctic Ocean

That. Was. Amazing.

Thanks for sharing and if you find more please continue to share. I love watching movies like that and that was one of the better ones.

Thank you, Dave, for this link and the other one. Thursday night is my free eve this week and these shall be my entertainment.

A great film indeed, I saw it last year or the one before, and I've been dreaming of a long trip like that ever since. The longer I do did so far are just over 10 days, and most trips are around 8 days. but a 2 months trip would be great I think!!

Thanks Dave. I liked everything about this video. The names roll off the tongue, The Back, the Thelon, the Coppermine, Barren Grounds, musk ox, Great Slave Lake. The group showed a high level of awareness and mindfulness. They paid homage to the Seventh Nations, early explorers, wildlife, and Ma Nature in general. I liked the quiet accoustic music and excellent use of maps to show the route. I was impressed when they left a lot of their equipment in the village at the close of the trip. Morale was high under tough conditions.

I used to work with the Navajo Nation on Black Mesa. They refer to themselves as "Dine", the people. The closest language group to the current Navajo language is Athabascan. I have met some of them in Alaska up near Fairbanks.

"I was impressed when they left a lot of their equipment in the village at the close of the trip. Morale was high under tough conditions."

A lot of paddler ending there trips in the hight arctic will leave some of there gear and a lot of the time there canoes to the villagers, since it is really costly to bring canoe back with them. A lot of the time they get back south on regular passenger flight, no room for a canoe and taking the float plane back home would be way to expensive, so it is cheeper to leave your boat and buy a new one when you get back home. I don'T say that is the reason they did it, but it often is!

I would ove to do that trip one day. I think I got my wife interested in the Nahanni overland trip. We have friends that did it a few years back, and that is an other great trip!

Cheers

Back